Hillsborough school

Hamster was called Hammy Roberts, after the bloke that kept escaping jail....I used to look after it at lunchtimes, :)

I was at Parkside Road 1959 to 1965 then went to Chaucer. From the very early days I had a friend called David Breen / Bream?. His mother remarried and I think he became David Robinson and moved to Stavely?. I would love to track him down. Another good friend was Tony Gardener ...
Hi David - welcome to the Forum!.:) I have sent you a Private Message with a couple of possible leads.

Pop T

Hello Pop T , I believe we have crossewd swords before on another thread ?

Cant think what it was , maybe CTS ?

However I note your attendance at Hillsboro School and I indeed attended there to 1952. I remember the occasion of silence in assembly for the death of King George 1V in 1952, so shortly after then the family moved to Crosspool . I left and would have been 8 years.

We lived on Dudley Road, and remember being late when mum and dad overslept, and detention was the norm for lateness. However I always escaped detention because my shoes were always clean !

Gary Marshman

North Wales

hi GMarshman

Yes we have crossed swords before as you put it.

Fancy remembering the death of George V1.

I remember the school trips one was a holiday in Flamborough Village where we slept in the school gym, another was a trip to Newton Abbott in Devon staying in a big house overlooking the town.

I can also remember a school trip to the Festival of Britain in 1951 and it was great.

We slept in one of the deep underground tunnelsClapham North which had been converted into dormitories.

We visited the Dome of Discovery, the South Bank Hall and the Skylon as well as many of the exhibition Halls.

Since then I have travelled the world and none of my travels have overshadowed my times on the school trip memories.

Does anyone else remember any of these school holidays?

Happy Days! PopT

Pop T,

Think you will be a little older than I !!!! I dont remember any trips. I remember slinking off to the boating lake in Hillsboro Park after school and getting a tromboning from mum!!!

Now you have embarrassed me with your superior knowledge!

I stated George the IV, a typing error, or need better specs. It is of course George VI.

Gary Marshman

North Wales

By the way - my name is David Crownshaw but I think the log in name ran out of letters

Hi David, im michael Rusby, you and i were at school together,hillsboro and chaucer schools ,we used to play in the park as kids, i remember tony g and david breen.

Hi David, im michael Rusby, you and i were at school together,hillsboro and chaucer schools ,we used to play in the park as kids, i remember tony g and david breen.

I also remember coming to your house,i think it was cheadle or cannock street,you invited me to your birthday party 7 or 8 years old i think we were.also there were Alan Harper,Graham Wilson,myself and i think your older brother,was it John? and cant remember who else,i remember us having a lovely tea sandwiches,jelly blamange ,and such stuff as us kids loved(incidently i still do) we played games and your dad took us all out in his car to rivelin or somewhere.I remember that birthday party of yours with such fond memories like it was yesterday.I hope we can chat on here sometime,cheers for now David. mike rusby (ruzzer)

Hi. I am currently writing my autobiography. I went to Hillsborough Girls school from 1949 until moving to Chaucer when it opened around 1957/58. I lived on Tanfield road, Owlerton, and remember quite a few names that have been mentioned previously.

I think 5 different schools went to Chaucer, does anyone remember which they were?

Hello JAX 1,

Had friends on Tanfield Rd and Bastock Rd, we lived on Winster rd off Parkside Rd (Turtons)

Mum had friends all around there as she worked at Bassetts for many years.

Me and brothers went to Parkside and Chaucer around the same time as you.

Hi. I am currently writing my autobiography. I went to Hillsborough Girls school from 1949 until moving to Chaucer when it opened around 1957/58. I lived on Tanfield road, Owlerton, and remember quite a few names that have been mentioned previously.

I think 5 different schools went to Chaucer, does anyone remember which they were?

Parson Cross School was one.

Hello Jax1 the schools that went to Chaucer were, Philadelphia, Hillfoot.Parson Cross and us

do you remember looking for ladybirds during lunchtimes in the park with me I always got told off for being late home to eat.