Hillsborough school

My father in law went there Barry Bishop

Barry was a good mate of mine throughout school. We spent some great times together,I moved from Sheffield thro work 44 years ago and have now settled in Cornwall. Please pass on my best wishes to Barry. ( Roy Turton )

I will do I'll be speaking to him later they moved to Spain a few month ago. His son Russell remembers you x

Do you mean the school that used to be called Park Side Road School. I was at this school from roughly 1961 to 1965 but I don`t recognise the name.

hiya rapfan, we must have been there at the same time,whats your name ?im mike rusby,used to live in burnell road,off penistone rd and up to park view.

I was at Parkside Road school from about 1955 til 1962. Martin Slater was in my class. I also remember a lot of the names you mention, particularly John Simmonite who was my mate Billy's younger brother.

I remember the teachers Mr Cohen, Miss Tingle, Mrs Hornsby, Mrs Jackson and the head teacher Miss Leesley.

We used to have great fun Friday morning walking through the park and then down Hillsborough to the baths, and then walking back again with our midget gems!

hiya RR are there any others from my list that you remember?i would like to think i could get in touch with a few of them again .i have such fond memories of everyone !

I used to live next door to Eric Bowring on Wadsley Lane,he went into the police force.Anyone remember Ann Robinson?

I used to live next door to Eric Bowring on Wadsley Lane,he went into the police force.Anyone remember Ann Robinson?

hi bullerboy i was in same class as eric bowering and went to his house as kids,he lived at bottom of Burowlee rd if i remember right.

hi bullerboy i was in same class as eric bowering and went to his house as kids,he lived at bottom of Burowlee rd if i remember right.

i remember stewart robinson but dont remember ann

try locating her another way

Edited by soulseeker

The teachers you mention arrodbo were all from Chaucer. I remember them well, especially Mr Sid (Buster) Newham who was indeed deputy head when Chaucer first opened....I had him for maths and had many a beating....great bloke though.

Yes I had him for maths too. I was terrified of him!

try locating her another way
It will have to be with the weejay board she has beendead 29 yrs.:|

I was at Parkside Road 1959 to 1965 then went to Chaucer. From the very early days I had a friend called David Breen / Bream?.

His mother remarried and I think he became David Robinson and moved to Stavely?.

I would love to track him down.

Another good friend was Tony Gardener - went into refrigeration engineering in later life but lost track.

As for Mr Cohen - lovely man, I remember he had the front page of a newspaper on the wall about the Titanic being lost.

Anyone remember the class hamster that kept escaping .... And the new tangled science lessons on the radio.

By the way - my name is David Crownshaw but I think the log in name ran out of letters