Chavs drinking in the parks on Friday nights

Why do they want to get drunk off a can of lager on a play park, where they leave the rubbish so its worse for everybody else, dodging broken glass and often leaving the park due to the mess.

Why not have a gathering at a friends house, its a lot safer.

Its also intimidating when walking the dog at night and they heckle you, shoutng "Oi you with the dog, your a pr*ck"

Many a times iv confronted them and thet walked off because somebody stood up for themselfs.

Before you ask yes i cannot stand chavs, scum of the earth!!

Why do they want to get drunk off a can of lager on a play park, where they leave the rubbish so its worse for everybody else, dodging broken glass and often leaving the park due to the mess.

Its also intimidating when walking the dog at night and they heckle you, shoutng "Oi you with the dog, your a pr*ck"

Many a times iv confronted them and thet walked off because somebody stood up for themselfs.

most cant mate but your going to end with some thing bad happen to you if you carry on confronting them just walk on and remember what does it matter.

Im not a person to just walk away when somebody "Gives me sh*t". Plus they deserve it when they get scared when you confront them, too many times have people been too scared to go to the shops for some milk ect because they are causing noise and drinking.

This sort of thing is going to become more common, as the charges have increased for sports clubs to use parks for their sporting activities. There is also a licence that fitness businesses need to buy to operate within the parks.

SO once the sports clubs have been priced out of the park, then the chavs take over the place.

It doesn't affect me finacially as non of my activities take place outside (so I don't pay the charge), however I think many sports clubs and fitness clubs that use a park for fitness training do a fantastic job of making the place feel safer and creating a friendlier atmosphere for other park users in the evening - be it dog walkers, parents taking their children and using the swings, or joggers

I would have supported a drinks licence for the parks, that was enforced - that would have cleared the drinking chavs away, and created more space for other users. Instead, the powers that be have done the oposite and in time, parks will soon become a no go area for the law abiding

Have you seen the price in the pubs, + the legal drinking age!

Even the price in the supermarket is high, hence the rise in popularity of cannabis.

Young adults are always going to find some way of entertaining themselves with the help of drugs.

You people have always drunk on the streets and in parks and always will. They don't drink at a friends house because most of the parents don't know they are drinking or won't let it happen in their homes. I do get really annoyed at the amount of mess left as it is dangerous for children and dogs but have to say that Friday nights in the summer is the only time I will take my dog on the local field in the dark as I feel safer because I know there will be a large group of young people. Most of them are just daft and I have never experienced any abuse from them and they have been considerate of my dog while I was there, picking their rubbish up so my dog wouldn't lick the empty cans (unfortunately the field was just as covered in rubbish the next day).

I suppose you got to feel sorry for young people as theres no jobs (not sure if your talking about younger ones here tho) and dont think many youth clubs or places to go that dont cost money. We used to go in park but mainly in day time apart from perhaps in Summer we never hung about in the dark wouldnt have been allowed had to be in by certain time!! And in my day you listened to your parents and had respect for people (or maybe I was just a goody goody!) It must be intimidating tho walking past a gang of youths. Does make you wonder what parents are doing tho they probably take no notice of them!

I suppose you got to feel sorry for young people as theres no jobs (not sure if your talking about younger ones here tho) and dont think many youth clubs or places to go that dont cost money. We used to go in park but mainly in day time apart from perhaps in Summer we never hung about in the dark wouldnt have been allowed had to be in by certain time!! And in my day you listened to your parents and had respect for people (or maybe I was just a goody goody!) It must be intimidating tho walking past a gang of youths. Does make you wonder what parents are doing tho they probably take no notice of them!

Although this is true of some parents I don't think it is true of all parents. I remember as a teenager going out with my mates at night and although I had a curfew and my parents did everything they could to keep me safe they didn't know exactly what I was doing. When they did find things out I was grounded and punished accordingly but they couldn't lock me in the house permanently. Although you have to protect your children and show them right from wrong you still have to let them make their own mistakes because that is how they will learn.

Although this is true of some parents I don't think it is true of all parents. I remember as a teenager going out with my mates at night and although I had a curfew and my parents did everything they could to keep me safe they didn't know exactly what I was doing. When they did find things out I was grounded and punished accordingly but they couldn't lock me in the house permanently. Although you have to protect your children and show them right from wrong you still have to let them make their own mistakes because that is how they will learn.

I was the same, numerous times I was grounded at 14/15 for drinking and being in too late. My mum and dad gave a s**t it was just me that didn't at the time!

Part of being rebellious I suppose or filling in the gaps til I was both old enough and had the money to go to the pub. I got in plenty of trouble from my parents and I think I have grown up to be a pretty decent human being.

I don't agree with the mess though. I was always considerate of where I put my empties!!! :)