Praise for Sheffield council service

On thursday afternoon about three i reported fly tipping in the broomhead dam area at four the next day it had been removed.First class service deserves a pat on the back makes a change from grumbling.

Good for you for reporting it.

With regard to the council employees ... it's what they are paid to do.

I think the OP is complimenting the council on the speed of their response, which in this case looks to be very speedy

I think the OP is complimenting the council on the speed of their response, which in this case looks to be very speedy

You are entitled to your thoughts.

StreetForce respond to flytipping as well as they can, depending on their workload ... and certain jobs can be prioritised.

Like I said ... they are doing the job that they are paid for.

Do you get 'praised' for doing what you are expected to do?

Last time we used the council, it was for them to take away 2 settees... we threw an old telly in there too. We rang them, they told us to put them on the front and they'll be round next day. They didn't come the next day, but only because they told the driver the wrong road lol. they took them the day after anyways :D

You are entitled to your thoughts.

StreetForce respond to flytipping as well as they can, depending on their workload ... and certain jobs can be prioritised.

Like I said ... they are doing the job that they are paid for.

Do you get 'praised' for doing what you are expected to do?

If a job is carried out efficiently and in a way that exceeds expectations, then I think praise and/or a thank you is a nice thing to do. Giving positive feedback costs nothing, and it is nice for someone (in what may not be the best job in the world) to know they are appreciated.

If a job is carried out efficiently and in a way that exceeds expectations, then I think praise and/or a thank you is a nice thing to do. Giving positive feedback costs nothing, and it is nice for someone (in what may not be the best job in the world) to know they are appreciated.

Absolutely right. It appears some people can't stand to see the Council get any praise at all.