Do you use a coffee maker at home?

Hello,

Im going to order my first filter ground coffee maker. Not one of those mega expensive espresso ones, just 1 with a glass jug. Im going for a morphy richards one, the reviews on amazon are brilliant.

Why do you prefer a coffee maker to standard water & kettle with granual coffee, does it really make a difference with taste? What ground coffee is your favourite? Which model do you have?

My wife has decided to change our kitchen theme :roll: and we now have to have shiny red gadgets apparently. She just came home today with a toaster which looks like a retro radio :suspect:

Anyway just wanted your opinion on the difference between what im used to with a kettle and jar of nescafe and buying a coffee maker.

Edited by Labsrule

It's nicer. Loads of different filter coffees to try out. Missus has got a cafetiere and it's alright.

Tea is far better that coffee though, even from teabags.

It's nicer. Loads of different filter coffees to try out. Missus has got a cafetiere and it's alright.

Tea is far better that coffee though, even from teabags.

I dont like tea...................I like Gin :hihi: Gotta love that advert!

No wonder you all up so late, off you t1ts on caffeine

I always drink tea at home although I have a coffee maker and a cafetiere, when I'm out I have a latte - I like frothy coffee and I could never manage that with the coffee maker

I used to have a coffee maker but we broke up :hihi:

Currently drinking some Guatemalan Elephant from Whittards, very nice!

Hello,

Im going to order my first filter ground coffee maker. Not one of those mega expensive espresso ones, just 1 with a glass jug. Im going for a morphy richards one, the reviews on amazon are brilliant.

Why do you prefer a coffee maker to standard water & kettle with granual coffee, does it really make a difference with taste? What ground coffee is your favourite? Which model do you have?

My wife has decided to change our kitchen theme :roll: and we now have to have shiny red gadgets apparently. She just came home today with a toaster which looks like a retro radio :suspect:

Anyway just wanted your opinion on the difference between what im used to with a kettle and jar of nescafe and buying a coffee maker.

I thought we had a kettle that looks like a radio - but it went bang when I filled it with water :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Why do you prefer a coffee maker to standard water & kettle with granual coffee, does it really make a difference with taste? What ground coffee is your favourite?

Comparing instant to ground, is like comparing a pot noodle to a Sunday roast. Coffee makers are ok, but I think it is a lot less faffing around to use a cafetiere.

Also, I don't like coffee that has been kept warm in a coffee maker:gag: I have to have my two large mugs before I set out in the morning, so the second mug from the cafetiere is zapped in the microwave...... much better than one that has been stewed on a hotplate.

Which brand is down to personal taste. I'm no coffee snob, so I have found that Asda's own brand medium roast suits me or Lyons original which is similar.

A good tip to keep the ground coffee fresh, is to keep it in the fridge or the freezer.

Currently drinking some Guatemalan Elephant from Whittards, very nice!

Do they actually have Elephants in Guatemala :huh:

Please dont keep your coffee in the fridge or freezer its an old idea that doesnt really help your expensive coffee.

http://www.specialty-coffee-advisor.com/coffee-storage.html

Well, it works for me, kept in the original packaging with an elastic band round it!

You argue against it, then provide a link that quotes:

In my experience, if you have a quantity that can’t be consumed within 10 days to 2 weeks, freezing becomes a reasonable option.

As I'm the only coffee drinker in our house, I have found that the fresh taste survives longer. Speak as I find ;)