Curry in S12. Lots of choice but where's the quality?

anyone else noticed that chutneys has gone shockingly downhill recently? when it opened it was great but i had one recently and it was watery, bland slop. so, tried rubeez again and that was average. tonight i've had one from little india which i used to like and all i could taste was salt! very disappointing as all 3 have been good at some point.

so, what's the best indian that will deliver to s12?

never had them. there's something about them that i just don't trust.

Lancers on Birley Moor Road.

I havent found any problem with Chutneys recently, but if you want to try another, Woodhouse Spice is good and they deliver to S12

Spice Villa at Manor Top are good.

I second this one. Had one last week from there and it was delicious.

bengal spice on birley spa lane - had a few from there and always good quality

Here I am thinking this is a thread about TV's etc. dosy sod aint I

anyone else noticed that chutneys has gone shockingly downhill recently? when it opened it was great but i had one recently and it was watery, bland slop. so, tried rubeez again and that was average. tonight i've had one from little india which i used to like and all i could taste was salt! very disappointing as all 3 have been good at some point.

so, what's the best indian that will deliver to s12?

I had a Little India a few years back and I thought it was really nice, shame ot hear it's gone down hill. Apparently people can't praise the restaurant at the top of Leighton... forget it's name, but used to be the Cutlers Arms. I think they also deliver, or if they don't, you can go and pick a takeaway up... I think.

cheers for the suggestions. little india used to be good but last night's was very poor. the one at cutlers is ok, a little spicier than what you'd expect for medium strength curries such as bhuna.

a couple of people have recommended lancers. i had one from there a few years back and it was terrible. maybe it's changed owners as is often the case. anyone had food from there?

Akash at Woodhouse is probably the best takeaway curry Ive had in ages. Dont know if theyll deliver to s12 though. http://woodhousespice.com/

Akash all the way, bhaji's are to die for, go quite regular... Tried most places in and around the area and none match up to akash :)