Re-grouting shower cubicle

Hello

Ive got a shower cubicle in my new house and the tiles are nice but from half way down the grouting is black as is the silicone sealant round the bottom and the rubber round the glass door. How much do you think someone would charge to re-do this please? Many thanks

Depends how bad it is. Its a pretty labour intensive job.

All the old silicone and grout would need to be cut out, everything cleaned, new grout applied & cleaned and once thats dried the new silicone seal reapplied.

I'd work on a days labour plus materials.

Dont use cheap materials or you'll have the same problem next year.

I've no doubt someone will be along shortly to quote you 50 quid. My advice (which is always free and without obligation) is get someone who does bathrooms regulally to do the job properly.

hi i use dan2802 . spot on plumber ta jeff

For cleaning the grouting use a plastic scouring pad.:)

Try Astonish mould and mildew remover before employing anyone to regrout it. Spray on, leave and wash off with the shower head. It's miraculous!

ETA: If it's really bad, scrub it with a nail brush or plastic scourer.

For cleaning the grouting use a plastic scouring pad.:)

Yeah I have, also used many different cleaning products. Many thanks

Try Astonish mould and mildew remover before employing anyone to regrout it. Spray on, leave and wash off with the shower head. It's miraculous!

ETA: If it's really bad, scrub it with a nail brush or plastic scourer.

Its not coming off with anything. Think i will need a professional. thanks though

Its not coming off with anything. Think i will need a professional. thanks though
You're welcome. Hope you get it sorted, there's nothing worse than mould, looks vile and isn't healthy for you.

Yeah I have, also used many different cleaning products. Many thanks

When I did mine I used a grout file from Wickes to remove the grout and redid it myself, for the sealant I used a microbial one that is mould and stain resistant.

When I did mine I used a grout file from Wickes to remove the grout and redid it myself, for the sealant I used a microbial one that is mould and stain resistant.

Was it hard to do? I assumme you have to be careful not to take too much grout out or the tiles will get damaged? Ive done sealent before so thats easy enough.

Was it hard to do? I assumme you have to be careful not to take too much grout out or the tiles will get damaged? Ive done sealent before so thats easy enough.

I scraped it till the mouldy stuff was off so no need to go too deep and an area about 2metres X 5metres took me a full day as you have to watch you don't slip with the file and scratch the tiles, once done I applied the grout using a grouting trowl.

The hardest part was removing the grout as it is time consuming, don't use cheap grout or silicon or it will reappear.

hello would be happy to quote for re grouting and replacing the silicone in youre shower if its just the shower cubical it shouldnt be to big or bad aslong as desent materials are used and it gets a real good scub down first to kill the mould and all the bad silicone is removed. Quotes are free , fast clean friendly service, give me a call if you still need someone to sort it for you can have alook today or when ever suites thanks jim. J.Baddiley electrial and property maintance. 07530 877 407