Grandson heartbroken Hi-Pad broken

:(Hi everybody thanks for your help and advice Took it to apple shop today they want £200 to repair / exchange i Pad so its time to bite the bullet and put smile back on his face / One thing you learn as you get older is money is not everything Might spoil him whilst i am there and call in game and buy him a game for his Xbox / Definately wont be shouting at him and calling him stupid as one person seems to think i should :(

take no notice of all the neg comments,you do right to get your grandson what he wants,i do exactly the same with mine.thats what nans are for.:hihi:

roughy, it's not an ipad, it's a "hi-pad", a cheap Chinese rip off, there are millions of different cheap rip off Chinese tablets, so it might not be so easy to repair.

it was an ipad:hihi:

take no notice of all the neg comments,you do right to get your grandson what he wants,i do e

xactly the same with mine.thats what nans are for.:hihi

:hihi: Exactly us Grandads and Nans are here to love them and help any way we can . Its called unconditional love . We have an 8 years old grand daughter as well shes brilliant. But there again i love all children :hihi::hihi:

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Fixed quote tags

take no notice of all the neg comments,you do right to get your grandson what he wants,i do e

xactly the same with mine.thats what nans are for.:hihi

:hihi: Exactly us Grandads and Nans are here to love them and help any way we can . Its called unconditional love . We have an 8 years old grand daughter as well shes brilliant. But there again i love all children :hihi::hihi:

Treating is one thing but dont forget money and gifts cant buy love. Helping him learn the value of things will help him as he grows older, it doesnt mean you arent loving him, it means your helping him be a better person.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Fixed quote tags

Treating is one thing but dont forget money and gifts cant buy love. Helping him learn the value of things will help him as he grows older, it doesnt mean you arent loving him, it means your helping him be a better person.

:hihi:If you give a child love he will normally turn out to be a loveing person Treat them them rough shouting at them and hitting they think its the norm :hihi:

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Fixed quote tags

take no notice of all the neg comments,you do right to get your grandson what he wants,i do exactly the same with mine.thats what nans are for.:hihi:

I would have thought the negative comment was "you do right to get your grandson what he wants". :)

Is it wise to give a child everything they want? Children need to learn that life doesn't always give them what they want.

I would have thought the negative comment was "you do right to get your grandson what he wants". :)

Is it wise to give a child everything they want? Children need to learn that life doesn't always give them what they want.

:(You are obviously not a grandparent its the mother and fathers job to chastise and stop priileges if necessary some day you will understand or maybe not in your case :(:(

:(You are obviously not a grandparent its the mother and fathers job to chastise and stop priileges if necessary some day you will understand or maybe not in your case :(:(

It was not aimed at you personally. Sorry if it came across like that.

I would hope any child is not chastised as that is draconian. Stopping privileges is okay and worked for me. :)

I'm not a grandparent but I do have grandparents :)

Last on this off topic subject from me, as I will be getting told off from the moderators. :)

it was an ipad:hihi:

If it's an iPad & not some Chinese rubbish then that makes it worth repairing.

I'm not a grandparent (yet) but I would expect my parents to uphold MY values and MY discipline rules with my kids.

By giving in and spoiling your grandkids in the way that you are you're undermining the parents authority as when they say no, the kids will have learnt that if mum & dad say no, go to grandpa he'll say yes.

As a parent yourself YOU should understand that.

:( What a load of rubbish i have on daughter and she is absolutely lovely very kind and loveing spoiled her all her live. Calls to see us nearly every day. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

:hihi:If you give a child love he will normally turn out to be a loveing person Treat them them rough shouting at them and hitting they think its the norm :hihi:

I didnt mention hitting or shouting did I. Your missing the point.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Fixed quote tags