What was that in the sky over the Badger Estate?

hi everyone l was outside at 9.40pm an live in Thurcroft and l saw it in the sky left wondering what it was glad you lot found out now l feel lucky

Relieved to know I wasn't imagining things! I was walking up from Hunter's Bar towards Broomhill when I saw it go across the sky.

I saw it travelling from left to right about 9.45 on Crookes. I think it,s too slow for a comet. My guess its a piece of space junk or an old satellite burning up. I think it was travelling South East. Big thing though!!

Comets are vast and travel at enormous speed. If one hit Earth it would probably wipe out most if not all life on the planet. What we saw was a meteor, probably no bigger than a pebble.

Well, you're all very lucky - I'd have loved to have seen it. Almost makes me wish I was a smoker given how many of you seem to have been outside smoking when you saw it!

We were ooop norf visiting family (S2 Heely) , and like the original poster were outside having a Fag , we saw it to way way to quick to be anything man made , not a sound and just fizzled out .

Good to watch though even when we've not got a clue what it was ????

Any sensible answers ???:huh:

Saw it about 9.45 ish at high Green. Watched it go right across the sky. I thought it was a firework but bigger and flying steady and level. Absolutely amazing, never seen anything like it.

It reminded me of the comet recorded on Bayeux Tapestry.

Guess it must have been a meteorite. Could have done quite a bit of damage if it landed.