What was that in the sky over the Badger Estate?

hey would love to see the video please!

I saw it travelling from left to right about 9.45 on Crookes. I think it,s too slow for a comet. My guess its a piece of space junk or an old satellite burning up. I think it was travelling South East. Big thing though!!

.....AND NOT ONE OF YOU HAS A PIC . IN THIS MODERN AGE !!!!!!

Oh and btw if you look up at the sky around 3.15 am you will see a red light in the sky - that will be Mars !

A friend of mine has just posted on FB thats she has seen a similar object at around the same time and we are in Glasgow!

Sighting in S10 travelling west to east in a straight line,right in front of me for about 15 seconds and disappeared over the horizon. Lots of orange sparks in a huge tail.incredibly fast.the formation looked like sparks coming off an angle grinder.best guess a meteor.

It's like the start of "The War of the Worlds"!! It's a good job it didn't hit a plane, there are a lot up there at the moment. Am off for another pint and to see what the footballs been doing before the world ends.

.....AND NOT ONE OF YOU HAS A PIC . IN THIS MODERN AGE !!!!!!

Oh and btw if you look up at the sky around 3.15 am you will see a red light in the sky - that will be Mars !

It was too fast to get a pic. Oh, btw, Mars is out right now, clear sky :D

Oh no, its landed near the cadet field at Loxley, what is that thing?

Just been outside for a fag and saw a glowing orange object flying thro the sky from left to right going at quite a speed. Anyone else see it or know what it was?

went too fast to get a picture or video ..!!!!not all of us go outside to capture something random !!!

A friend on my facebook also posted about seeing this and he is in Newcastle, also been seen in Barnsley at 9:40ish

someone managed to capture the image!

I saw it as well I was at Nether Edge waiting at traffic lights, thought I was seeing things.

It was amazing couldn't watch it long as was driving. thought it must be a meteorite or space debris due to the fire/sparks that appeared to be trailing behind it.