What was that in the sky over the Badger Estate?

people on twitter are asking....Tom Jordan ‏ @MrTomJordan Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Whoah...! Just seen a huge #comet type thing shooting across the sky in #sheffield. Anyone know what it was?

only had 4 pints, ufo for sure.

Just been outside for a fag and saw a glowing orange object flying thro the sky from left to right going at quite a speed. Anyone else see it or know what it was?

Thank goodness for that, it wasn't only me who saw it!

No idea what it was but watched it for about 10-15 seconds in S35.

I was also out having a fag, perhaps it's a dodgy brand we both smoke! :hihi:

Lol bossman it was quite surreal. Anyone think they know what it actually was?

lower walkley ......

it was an orange/red ball with a yellow/ white tail trailing behind travelling from left /leeds?area north to south/west very fast n no sound 3 times ?faster than an areoplane......comet? ....

i have seen lanterns, shooting stars, satellites and that was certainly none of them.. it was defo something strange

Same here I really want to know what it was lol.

same here see my comments.. last time i saw a u.f.o.?/comet was in 1979 ...looked exactly same ..!!!!

I saw it in stannington just as i got in my car,i got back out to have a look.Pretty sure it was a meteorite or possibly space debris breaking up as it enters the atmosphere.

That was a large meteor, sometimes called a fireball, it's been seen all over the uk and the met office picked it up on radar!

I've seen two other fireballs years ago but that was the best ever! There has been reports of others so keep your eyes open!

yes it was a comet my son has it all on video what a sight

Just been searching on google seems there`s been lots of activity of this sort in the last few months and a report tonight of a bright glow going through sky in Glasgow. I missed it but wish I`d actually seen it.