Tinned chopped tomatoes are a rip off!

How?have you thought this through?all the juice would come out.do you think I could put them through the blender?this is not the time for being flipant!

Seriously, anybody know any other cheap places to buy tomatoes and also beans, preferably not dented!Times are tough and I need to know I'm getting the best value I can.x

Asda 31p cheapest of the big four. Otherwise try Aldi and Lidl, although these are no thrills supermarkets.

Edited by poppet2

I either put them through the food processor if it is out or use my hand blender. They turn out much smoother than tinned chopped ones anyway, especially good if using them for soups, chillies or pasta dishes

Well if I am not using my processor I open a tin get a sharp knife and chop them while they are in the tin by moving the knife backwards and forwards easy.

Well if I am not using my processor I open a tin get a sharp knife and chop them while they are in the tin by moving the knife backwards and forwards easy.

You may have to translate that into bashing sounds with a few ug's :hihi:

33p a tin in Aldi, chopped or not chopped, Happy Shopping.......

You may have to translate that into bashing sounds with a few ug's :hihi:

Well at least you know what I mean I had to mime it while thinking what I did.:hihi:

Billinge is consulting the head monkey but has run out of fingers to explain the price of a tin of chopped tomatoes.... ug :hihi::hihi:

Billinge is consulting the head monkey but has run out of fingers to explain the price of a tin of chopped tomatoes.... ug :hihi::hihi:

I used the last of my frozen home grown tomatoes today, back to the tinned ones now. Doubt they will be napolina unless they are on offer as they are around £1 a tin, a few weeks ago they were on offer 4 tin pack for £2

Home Bargains near the parkway had some on offer the other day, in packs of 4, but I can't remember how much! - I can remember thinking "Oh, they're not bad!" though!

You could buy un-chopped ones and chop them yourself

that's what I do!

If they are in the saucepan use your potato masher, that works too.