Tinned chopped tomatoes are a rip off!

sick and tired of paying rip off premiums just to have my tinned tomatoes chopped for me.surely this is corporate greed!!!!!:rant:

sick and tired of paying rip off premiums just to have my tinned tomatoes chopped for me.surely this is corporate greed!!!!!:rant:

Don't buy them?

Not so....tinned tomatoes come from the tinn province of China and have special naming rights to the word "tinned tomatoes"

Each tomato is chopped by a Chinese Elf in the traditional way using a tomato chopping axe, for this work they receive the equivalent fee of 51p for a 83 hour week

So the extra you pay isn't that much of corporate rip off now is it....

Not so....tinned tomatoes come from the tinn province of China and have special naming rights to the word "tinned tomatoes"

Each tomato is chopped by a Chinese Elf in the traditional way using a tomato chopping axe, for this work they receive the equivalent fee of 51p for a 83 hour week

So the extra you pay isn't that much of corporate rip off now is it....

You tell em Andy :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I need them with my full english! Seriously people, anyone know best value tomatoes in S1?!!!! (Chopped, tinned)

I need them with my full english! Seriously people, anyone know best value tomatoes in S1?!!!! (Chopped, tinned)

Everything is overpriced in S1, try job lot on Barnsley rd. 4 tins for 50p if you dont mind dented tins..

Are dented tins safe?

Depends upon whether you want to argue about it .. mu ha ha ha ha

Not to the person whose head they were dented on.

Ker ..........Tish ! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

You could buy un-chopped ones and chop them yourself

Seriously, anybody know any other cheap places to buy tomatoes and also beans, preferably not dented!Times are tough and I need to know I'm getting the best value I can.x

Seriously, anybody know any other cheap places to buy tomatoes and also beans, preferably not dented!Times are tough and I need to know I'm getting the best value I can.x

Sainsburys skip ? :hihi::hihi: