Advice on Art courses at college

Just wondering is there anyone on here who can give me some advice on doing an art course at college and possibly leading onto university. Basically im 21 and currently unemployed. And with the recession and all the other problems at the minute its difficult to find a job. I have always been passionate about doing art all way through school and even now im still doing it. I did want to become a tattoo artist but its difficult to get an apprenticeship in this. The only thing thats putting me of college slightly is my age. I dont want to feel like the oldest one in the class. And also I dont want to persue this and feel in the end as if its been a waist. I want to do this to not only learn new skills in art but also to meet new people.

Dont let your age deter you, our colleges are not just for school leavers, a surprising number of adults enrol on courses of all levels and successfully progress to uni: and there are higher level courses available at college too. Have a look at the sheffield college website and contact details http://www.sheffcol.ac.uk. Various art programmes available at Norton and Hillsborough colleges. Whether you would be able to enrol on anything midway through the year I dont know, but if you make an enquiry I'm sure someone will be able to advise you

Edited by katkin

dont bother, youll only get yourself into debt and still not get a job when youve finished.

I have heard good things of the arts foundation course at Chesterfield College. Sounds like it might be what you are looking for. They run a bus from Sheffield.