Any clock repairers?

I think the OP has probably seen enough to make an informed decision.

Perhaps they should have brought it to you, you sound like you know what you're talking about, remind us of how many clocks you've worked on.

Perhaps they should have brought it to you, you sound like you know what you're talking about, remind us of how many clocks you've worked on.

I think the OP has probably seen enough to make an informed decision.

This is the place at Killamarsh (used to be at Ridgeway Craft Centre) referred to in some of the above posts. It is called "It's About Time".

http://iatclocks.com/

I have used this company in the past. You will get excellent service but they are usually pretty busy so you may have to wait a while.

i needed a chiming clock repairing hasn't worked for 20 years since i took it ut of my grans house, then when i was working in wakefield i saw a jewellers on westgate David Brown its called tel 01924 374524 got it repaired, cost £190.00 though but didn't mind as it has sentimental value yours might not cost this much worth a try hope this helps,

Theirs a clock repair shop in killamarsh...some lovely old clocks in his window & showroom...sorry don't know the name

Well ,I am surprised at how many replies I got. I have to say that I did spray WD 40 into the back about 10 years ago as the chiming was not in sequence ie it chimed 13 times on every hour .This did not improve it all and a few years later ,it stopped chiming altogether. Just a few weeks ago,the pendulum would not tick at all ,hence my enquiry . I was quoted £190 for a comprehensive overhaul and s till thinking about it . It plays 2 tunes known as Westminster and Whittington or none at all,depending on the listener!

Well ,I am surprised at how many replies I got. I have to say that I did spray WD 40 into the back about 10 years ago as the chiming was not in sequence ie it chimed 13 times on every hour .This did not improve it all and a few years later ,it stopped chiming altogether. Just a few weeks ago,the pendulum would not tick at all ,hence my enquiry . I was quoted £190 for a comprehensive overhaul and s till thinking about it . It plays 2 tunes known as Westminster and Whittington or none at all,depending on the listener!

Look here,

http://www.kensingtonclock.com/kcsadjust.htm

My father is a horologist with around 30 years of experience mending clocks of all kinds (unfortunately he's based in south Wales nowadays). As mentioned by all the other *professional* clock repairers referred to here, WD40 is well and truly the last thing you want to be putting on the movement - please don't do it!