Judge - I am the law and I'll do as I please.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2040265/Legalise-drugs-Jonathan-Dimbleby-Tell-children-neglected-junkie-parents.html

I've found this interesting article now published today.

Final post,ive had enough of it now.

Its time for a bit of pleasure,I'm going out,its Saint Patricks Day,and i'm feeling Irish today.A glass of guiness is good for you,and after being on here i need it!

You referred to my earlier posts,and quoted sections from them (above)

and the final part of your comment was in response to my mentioning that young people are naturally curious,yet i stated in another comment that i believed in drug education schools programmes.

Your comment about the "JUST SAY NO" campaign is proof that those type of media schemes have failed.

I vaguely recall that in the USA during the Reagan administration there was quite a lot of publicity in the media about the growing illegal drug problem and what they were planning to about it,efforts with poor results it seems!

You see as i remember there did not seem to be much drug related crime during the 60s/70s. The police seemed to have more control then.I recall coffee bars being raided and shut down,(for people taking purple hearts)

Last night i looked on the internet for statistics hoping to get facts with details about how widespread illegal drug use as become since the sixties.I didn't get very far with that.Though i did come across one page that seemed to echo some of the comments i've seen on this thread.Its possible there might be one or two older users on here that might be interested.

http://www.crimetalk.org.uk/library/section-list/38-frontpage-articles/331-the-illegal-leisure-of-hidden-older-adult-drug-users.html

A good read, I know plenty of older people who indulge in drugs recreationaly and it causes no problems. But if you don't know you don't know! I went to a garden party with my mother on the royal wedding, there was a mixture of people including one guy who was fairly high up in the local CID, he was completely unaware that his host was indulging in drugs that day.

A while ago I did have a problem with certain drugs but if you told my boss that he was hiring a 'drug addict' there is no way he would have believed you, in his eyes I was the best thing since sliced bread.

I didn't find out until I was in my late teens that my mum smoked weed (has stopped recently) but she had a career and was an amazing parent. I would guess that more people than you thing take or have taken drugs but don't need to go on about it and this will only increase with generations to come. There was scandel when a number of politicians admitted to tryign cannibis in their youth, it wouldn't suprise me that in ten years a fair amount of the next batch of politicians will admit to have taken ectascy in their youth. The only question is how large the uproar will be from the electorate.

A good read, I know plenty of older people who indulge in drugs recreationaly and it causes no problems. But if you don't know you don't know! I went to a garden party with my mother on the royal wedding, there was a mixture of people including one guy who was fairly high up in the local CID, he was completely unaware that his host was indulging in drugs that day.

A while ago I did have a problem with certain drugs but if you told my boss that he was hiring a 'drug addict' there is no way he would have believed you, in his eyes I was the best thing since sliced bread.

I didn't find out until I was in my late teens that my mum smoked weed (has stopped recently) but she had a career and was an amazing parent. I would guess that more people than you thing take or have taken drugs but don't need to go on about it and this will only increase with generations to come. There was scandel when a number of politicians admitted to tryign cannibis in their youth, it wouldn't suprise me that in ten years a fair amount of the next batch of politicians will admit to have taken ectascy in their youth. The only question is how large the uproar will be from the electorate.

Thanks for sharing that with us.:)

Revealing a personal experience like yours allows others like myself to gain insight into the situations of other people,and hopefully get a better understanding.

You may well be right about future politicians and ecstasy.I think the reaction from the public will be formed by what is happening in society and the general climate as a whole.

I don't think David & Samantha Cameron are strangers to class 'A' drugs. I suspect they've dropped the habit now though :hihi:

Hours after he was confirmed as the overwhelming favourite for Tory leadership, David Cameron tried to end the drugs controversy which has been the only blot on his campaign.

He declared that he had never taken cocaine since he was elected to Parliament.

But since he did not become an MP until June 2001, this could revive speculation that he experimented with drugs as a younger man.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-366088/Cocaine-David-Cameron.html#ixzz1pSx5Hdte

Mr Cameron - who has persistently refused to discuss his personal experience of drugs - was interviewed last night by Channel 4 News. Presenter Alex Thomson said: "If you were asked have you ever taken class A drugs as an MP, would you answer that question?"

He replied: "I have always said that lawmakers cannot be lawbreakers. All I have said about my past, though, is that what is private in the past should remain private."

Thomson: "If I asked you if you'd snorted cocaine as an MP, you'd therefore say No, wouldn't you?"

Cameron: "That's right, but please, I mean, I think we've dealt with this issue..."

Thomson: "So that's 'No'?"

Cameron: "I've absolutely answered your question."

Thomson: "Say No."

Cameron: "I've just said No."

Thomson: "Thank you. Right. We can move on."