Will British cease to be a Christian nation..

Yes we do, we have the right to call you whatever we want.

You do not have the right to only be given labels that you like.

correct, but that doesn't make you right, you are merely a person labelling someone and if you fail to comprehend what that label actually means, you are both wrong and arrogant im afraid to say.

If you don't believe in god, that makes you an atheist in my book, you may not like that, but don't tell me I don't have the right to use that descriptor, because I absolutely do.

Then you fail to understand atheism. I suggest you stop using Wikipedia as your reference material and you might be enlightened.

fyi, Buddhism as an atheistic religion.

Well that's just tough luck then! I guess some people without hair don't like to be known as bald.

Bald = Adjective

Atheism = Noun

Sorry? come again? Can you expand on this? Do you also believe that vegans are connected to meat?

Can I suggest you read up on buddhism and other atheistic religions.

correct, but that doesn't make you right
Yes it does. You said

"you do not have the right to ignore my claims or disregard my right to be so labelled as I wish"

I disagreed, I do have that right, and you conceded that I am correct in this regard. Whether or not 'atheist' is an accurate descriptor for someone who doesn't believe in any gods doesn't come into that particular point.

you are merely a person labelling someone and if you fail to comprehend what that label actually means, you are both wrong and arrogant im afraid to say.

Then you fail to understand atheism. I suggest you stop using Wikipedia as your reference material and you might be enlightened.

Oh wow!

You call me arrogant, then in the very next sentence tell me that I fail to understand something just because I disagree with you, patronisingly imply that my only source of knowledge is wikipedia, and then tell me I need to be enlightened like you?

Are you serious? You actually just did that? :hihi:

fyi, Buddhism as an atheistic religion.
In some forms it is, so what?

Atheist is a catch all term for those who do not believe in any gods, the fact that it is not specific enough to differentiate between people with no religion and some Buddhists doesn't come into it.

correct, but that doesn't make you right, you are merely a person labelling someone and if you fail to comprehend what that label actually means, you are both wrong and arrogant im afraid to say.

Yes we do, we have the right to call you whatever we want.

No it doesn't and your assertion you can call anyone anything you like is arrogance. You assume you are right and that you know better. I'm sorry but you are wrong.

2030 we will be post ww3, which will cause an upsurge in christian faith, how big an upsurge depends on how hard the fight.

You wish. :hihi:

In some forms it is, so what?

Atheist is a catch all term for those who do not believe in any gods, the fact that it is not specific enough to differentiate between people with no religion and some Buddhists doesn't come into it.

OK lets step backwards a little here. I said I wouldn't like to be known as an atheist because I do not believe in a god. This is a little too simple a description. I do not consider myself atheist as I do not believe in religion, and this is the connection to Buddhism. Buddhism is atheist, full stop, no question about it, but most see atheism as anti-religion, which is incorrect and Buddhism is the example to give to these people.

Buddhism is atheist,

athestic ... because you like words. ;)

Buddhism doesn't teach that God does nor does not exist. You're wrong.

OK lets step backwards a little here. I said I wouldn't like to be known as an atheist because I do not believe in a god.

You could rewrite that sentence as 'I wouldn't like to be known as an atheist because I am an atheist.' and it would mean exactly the same thing, and still make no sense.

This is a little too simple a description.
It's not very specific, but so what? Loads of terms aren't very specific. Just because you're other things as well doesn't mean you're not an atheist.

I do not consider myself atheist as I do not believe in religion, and this is the connection to Buddhism. Buddhism is atheist, full stop, no question about it, but most see atheism as anti-religion, which is incorrect and Buddhism is the example to give to these people.
I'm not quite sure I follow, you don't want to be called an atheist because it doesn't differentiate you from Buddhists? is that it? :huh:

Wex, no matter how much you dislike it, the simple concrete fact here is that if you don't have a belief in God, you are an atheist.

And FYI just because some interpretations of buddhism have no gods involved, that doesn't mean that atheism is connected to theism. At all.

I would say you are then ignoring peoples claims to suit your own agenda. I can put down I am a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster on official papers and you have no right to disregard what I claim. That's is our right and no one can simply disregard it on their own say so.

But if people's claims to be Christian are false or misguided then you DO have a right to challlenge them.

Saying you are a Christian on a form does not make you one. Nor does accepting a broadly Christian ethical framework. Nor does appreciating and wanting to preserve the influence Christianity has had on our art, literature, culture, etc. Nor does being raised in the presence of lots of other 'Christians'. Nor does going to the occasional church wedding or Christingle service.

There are plenty of people who define themselves as Christians because one or more of the above applies to them, but they are NOT Christians.

The only thing that can make a person a Christian is accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

Christian theology and doctrine is very clear about that point - in fact it's just about the only thing that all the various denominations and sects, and all the major Christian philosophers and theologians, agree on!

If you don't have that personal relationship with Jesus Christ then, no matter what you chose to call yourself, you are NOT a Christian.