Dailymail: Youth work for a living - Are you financially illiterate?

You must be old :D

I'm in my mid thirties and car insuance 15 years ago if you were a young bloke could be severe. I also think were you live is more of a factor now as well.

But has it ever been easy for kids, post war aside ??

Post war kids couldn't afford cars! We bought a banger (Ford Pop) after we got married in the late 60s, before that my OH had a motor bike, and I used the bus. Most ordinary people we knew didn't have cars. Only young people with seriously well off parents, and older people with decent jobs. For most people cars were something to aspire to, not an entitlement.

As was getting a council house, or a mortgage. ;)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2109201/Young-job-hunters-turn-work-sky-high-car-insurance.html#ixzz1nzynoGKC

On top of facing effective tax rates that exceed 100% before taking into account travel costs, the youth face the added burden of car insurance, where they are effectively anally raped by the banks via the states enforcement of car insurance.

Only the retarded shall work. The rational man will sign on and go without a car. He'll probably do a bit of homebrew too. Ideally he will claim DLA.

You need the youth to work to pay your pensions, but when you effectively tax them above 100%, they have no INCENTIVE to work.

The UK is screwed!

I've worked and studied for over 30 years since leaving school and never had a car. I've walked, cycled or caught the train, tram, bus or tube. If I've had to move home, I've moved. Okay, I've been lucky in working in fixed locations and not having to move about from job to job like a plumber has to but not many have to do that. I've also never been anally raped by a bank but then I'm with a building society and they don't do anal rape ISAs.

I've worked and studied for over 30 years since leaving school and never had a car. I've walked, cycled or caught the train, tram, bus or tube. If I've had to move home, I've moved. Okay, I've been lucky in working in fixed locations and not having to move about from job to job like a plumber has to but not many have to do that.

Fair enough. But do you really think our young people should be legally forced to pay £10000 of pre tax salary PA to the insurers for permission to sit in the drivers seat with the radio on...

I've also never been anally raped by a bank but then I'm with a building society and they don't do anal rape ISAs.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=835164

De-mutualisation and the introduction of B2L has changed the game.

Building society that offers loans to people to buy properties that have already been built and then let them out? You have to be having a laugh.

They are nothing but a bank. The only thing they build now is unsustainable debt.

. . . where they are effectively anally raped by the banks via the states enforcement of car insurance.
Would you rather there were no insurance, so when a child is run over by a driver and needs lifelong medical care, it's parents are just told 'tough, chem1st doesn't think we should have insurance'?

Only the retarded shall work. The rational man will sign on and go without a car. He'll probably do a bit of homebrew too. Ideally he will claim DLA.
An interesting view.

I work, I have two cars and several motorcycles, all insured, and I rather enjoy them as hobbies as much as means of transport. In fact, I gain rather a lot of pleasure from ownership and use, and I'm happy to pay the insurance and running costs, even if that can mean a thousand pounds for a set of tyres or 13 miles to the gallon round town.

I'd much rather my situation, being retarded and choosing to work and enjoy life's little luxuries, than the ‘rational’ option of not working, then taking some sort of perverse satisfaction from not having to pay tax or insurance on the nothing that I own or earn.

Would you rather there were no insurance, so when a child is run over by a driver and needs lifelong medical care, it's parents are just told 'tough, chem1st doesn't think we should have insurance'?

An interesting view.

I work, I have two cars and several motorcycles, all insured, and I rather enjoy them as hobbies as much as means of transport. In fact, I gain rather a lot of pleasure from ownership and use, and I'm happy to pay the insurance and running costs, even if that can mean a thousand pounds for a set of tyres or 13 miles to the gallon round town.

I'd much rather my situation, being retarded and choosing to work and enjoy life's little luxuries, than the ‘rational’ option of not working, then taking some sort of perverse satisfaction from not having to pay tax or insurance on the nothing that I own or earn.

thats the trouble with this country me me me attitude :hihi::hihi::hihi:

An interesting view.

If we are to look at things from a safety point of view, then we shouldn't be concerned about insurance.

As many people drive without and go onto kill people anyway.

Having had family members killed by drivers it is interesting to note, the NHS picked up the care bill in the last few hours of life.

The state provides the care, the state enforces the insurance, so perhaps we should have nationalised insurance run by the state. Perhaps with it being lumped into the petrol price to make it harder to avoid paying. Rather than have it administered by the private cartels.

So if a child is run over and needs lifelong care, I think we should say, don't worry, the NHS is there, and you have just created some work for the insurance companies to siphon off funds for their own personal benefit.

I am most certainly financially ilitirate (:hihi:) as I never have any money left at the end of the month but I don't blame anyone but myself, I do like shiny things :love:

Fair enough. But do you really think our young people should be legally forced to pay £10000 of pre tax salary PA to the insurers for permission to sit in the drivers seat with the radio on...

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=835164

De-mutualisation and the introduction of B2L has changed the game.

Building society that offers loans to people to buy properties that have already been built and then let them out? You have to be having a laugh.

They are nothing but a bank. The only thing they build now is unsustainable debt.

Nobody forces anyone to buy a car and therefore insure it. It is 100% a personal choice. If you buy a car you insure it. Those are the rules that most decent people seem to live by.

Why not try and find real injustice to fight against......now that would be a refreshing change !!

Nobody forces anyone to buy a car and therefore insure it. It is 100% a personal choice. If you buy a car you insure it. Those are the rules that most decent people seem to live by.

Why not try and find real injustice to fight against......now that would be a refreshing change !!

I sense a Batman moment coming on..... :hihi::hihi:

I sense a Batman moment coming on..... :hihi::hihi:

hes an owl not a bat tut

lol

hes an owl not a bat tut

lol

Is there an Owlman ?

Doesnt seem to sound right . Twit a woo a twit a woo a twit a woo a twit a woo hoot hoot ! Fail

Only the retarded shall work?! I'm sorry but I actually find that rather offensive, I've been called retarded online by clueless people who don't understand Asperger's syndrome so I know what it's like to be called it..

I don't like the word either maybe the Op has a limited vocabulary:hihi: