Internet Assault Squad

I'm glad you liked :) Thank you!

It looks to me that you used your limitations (budget) to your advantage, and had quite some fun making it - you didn't try to do too much and fall flat on your face (a really common mistake with garage films) but made use of existing locations, easily available props etc.

And the photography, camerawork, soundtrack and editing really shows real finesse and thought.

Just out of pure curiousity, how long did it take you?

It looks to me that you used your limitations (budget) to your advantage, and had quite some fun making it - you didn't try to do too much and fall flat on your face (a really common mistake with garage films) but made use of existing locations, easily available props etc.

And the photography, camerawork, soundtrack and editing really shows real finesse and thought.

Just out of pure curiousity, how long did it take you?

Thanks :) Yeah it looks terrible when you try things that obviously wont work. I really appreciate your feedback. The research into everything from signals and guns/ S.W.A.T techniques took me a couple months but the actual shoot was maybe 6-8 hours.

nice .
Thanks!

It was good, prety rediculous though :D

from a technical perspective maybe try and get some of those light reflectors to bounce light from outside into darker areas inside. Even with a really expensive camera, poor lighting drastically drops the visual quality which is most noticable when filming inside. That's a cheap way to give a slight improvement without shelling out on lights.

As with anything it's a bit of trial and error, seeing what works.

Haha yeah, it was meant to be a bit OTT. Yeah I used dedo 3 point light kits for the indoor shots but due to the style I was going for of desaturating it a lot, the lighting isn't as noticeable. Thank you a lot!

Has anyone got any questions in regards to equipment/shooting/camerawork etc?

I've got a couple on PM's about stuff like lenses. I may as well just answer them in here so everyone can read.

I used a 21mm, 50mm and 85mm for the shoot.

Anyone got any feedback please?

I've watched it a couple of more times, and have a couple of things I think would improve it.

At the beginning (and it's a bit cheesy but in keeping with the tone of the film I think) you should have a wide establishing shot, murky sun rising over sheffield suburban hinterland, and possibly even some mock teletype with the location and an unfeasibly early time.

When they burst in, one agent should be tasked with taking the computer, preferably by ejecting the hard drive in some way that totally destroys the laptop. He produces some evil spring loaded tool that cracks the laptop open like an oyster and plucks the hard drive out.

I think the actors looked a little random in their costumes. It might be pushing it to have them all sign off on a risk assessment and don their high viz jackets between the establishing shot and "going in", but it would make a cheap, prominent, uniform that could easily be adorned with some mock IAS logo.

And it seemed a bit heavy on the exposition when the chief agent explains the rationale of the raid to the two others. You could provide your audience with that information in a more imaginative and less obvious way.

Meant in a constructive spirit.

I've watched it a couple of more times, and have a couple of things I think would improve it.

At the beginning (and it's a bit cheesy but in keeping with the tone of the film I think) you should have a wide establishing shot, murky sun rising over sheffield suburban hinterland, and possibly even some mock teletype with the location and an unfeasibly early time.

When they burst in, one agent should be tasked with taking the computer, preferably by ejecting the hard drive in some way that totally destroys the laptop. He produces some evil spring loaded tool that cracks the laptop open like an oyster and plucks the hard drive out.

I think the actors looked a little random in their costumes. It might be pushing it to have them all sign off on a risk assessment and don their high viz jackets between the establishing shot and "going in", but it would make a cheap, prominent, uniform that could easily be adorned with some mock IAS logo.

And it seemed a bit heavy on the exposition when the chief agent explains the rationale of the raid to the two others. You could provide your audience with that information in a more imaginative and less obvious way.

Meant in a constructive spirit.

hahaha good point. Enjoyable read, thanks.

You've made a good film, now make a better one. Carry on like that and you'll be taking the Palme D'Or at Cannes in 5 years.

Haha ok :) I'll try to keep improving every shoot.

Does anyone else have any input?

The acting was a little too cheesy and far too many shots that went on too far as far as the story went. Interesting idea but lose the ginger one !!! No one likes a ginger :hihi::hihi::hihi: