Mods v Rockers,

Who were the coolest? Who defined the free spirit of the 60's? The Mods or the Rockers? The Mods to me, always seemed a bit stuffy and full of self importance. The Rockers on the other hand seemed to party and have fun, whatever the cost.

My uncle was a Rocker, even built his own motorbikes by combining different bits, Norton engine in a BSA frame, stuff like that. Had quite a machine shop too. Trouble was, he had a tendency to stick his fingers in fast rotating parts...

Must have hurt like crazy. Stopped him punching mods though.

If i were around in them days, i would have definately gone down the rocker road. Something about mods from what i can work out that seem a bit too trendy.. :(

Who were the coolest? Who defined the free spirit of the 60's? The Mods or the Rockers? The Mods to me, always seemed a bit stuffy and full of self importance. The Rockers on the other hand seemed to party and have fun, whatever the cost.

It was the other way round Mods were the party animals Rockers were more interested in their bikes and fighting

If i were around in them days, i would have definately gone down the rocker road. Something about mods from what i can work out that seem a bit too trendy.. :(

Were they trying to be trendy for what is now called political correctness, as this was started in the 60's, but was a hippy thing, probably taken on by the mods to try and look as "with it"

It was the other way round Mods were the party animals Rockers were more interested in their bikes and fighting

Were the Rockers fighting for a pseudo cause, as it seems the Mods are?

I was a mod, proud to say (;-) - it was a great time with the music and clothes. Loved the 60s

Were the Rockers fighting for a pseudo cause, as it seems the Mods are?

Only if you describe sex,beer,violence and bikes as a pseudo cause.

I think being a Mocker was the way to go. The best of both worlds.

A phrase used by John Lennon when he was asked if he was a Mod or a Rocker.

I went through a bit of a peculiar phase in the 80's, though outwardly I looked like a really 'Cool Rocker', I was perhaps best described as a 'Cocker'.

Edited by manofstrad

You were never a spaniel your eminence:D:love: I was a mod when I was about 13 and loved the Whos music and I still rate them as my favourite group, still got most of their records, they were the first group I saw at city hall and I was in fan club for about 4 years

Edited by denlin