Blend - Advanced Cook Along, Tues 6th March

Commuinty food project Blend, invites you to an advanced cookery class, giving you the opportunity to expand your culinary talents in a relaxed setting. This month's evening takes on a cheese theme and runs 6-9pm on Tuesday 6th March at The Old Junior School, South View Road, Sharrow.

On the menu is:

-Mushroom, spinach and parmesan lasagne.

-Rib of beef, stilton fritter, beetroot and watercress.

-Yorkshire rhubarb, goat’s cheese and stem ginger.

The evening costs £10 including a three course meal and tutition from an experienced chef. Booking is essential by emailing chris.hanson@shipshape.org.uk or calling 0114 2500222

The event is joint run by Sharrow Community Forum, Shipshape and Creative Action Network. Check out http://blendcookeatshare.yolasite.com/ to find out more.

For anyone thinking of going to one of these or any of the other events BOOK NOW, it's really good value. Went to this one last night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Great enthusiasm from the class leader Chris and a really relaxed atmosphere. They are obviously strapped for equipment but the overall evening was brilliant, highly recommended.

Glad you had a great time Pete and hopefully you didn't have too many cheese dreams.

Next months advanced cook along (april 3rd, 6 till 9 at the old sharrow junior school) has a lemon theme. We're doing a prawn risotto with courgette and lemon for starter, Guinea fowl, gem lettuce, new potatoes and a lemon beurre blanc for main course and for pudding a classic lemon tart.

Is this something that will be happening again? I'd love to get involved with this.

Hi there,

we're just in the process of moving to larger premises and will be announcing our programme for the rest of the year in the next few weeks.

I can't wait for these to restart. My friend and I keep checking to see if there is any news :)

I can't wait for these to restart. My friend and I keep checking to see if there is any news :)

ANY NEWS.....Love cooking and a tenner for a night with a chef AND a 3 course meal...you'll do for me, I'll be looking out for this.

Hi web 1 and annie.

Pleased to announce that we've got 2 cook alongs running this month at the brand new Shipshape health and wellbeing centre on Sharrow Lane.

The first one is on wednesday 27th between 2pm and 4pm and is going to be a pie and pea tea! Places need to be booked for this session by calling 2500222

The second one is thursday 28th between 6 and 8 and is going to be a french themed night with ratatoiulle, french onion soup, crepe souzette and much more.

This will be at the new Shipshape health and wellbeing centre, booking isn't essential.

We've also got a healthy asian cooking course starting in November, The Big Tea event, children's cooking club (october half term) and a supper club on Oct 12 in the next couple of months.

Call 2500222 for more details

Look forward to seeing you soon,

Chris

Hi I am interested in the pie and pea one, can you tell me how it works