Recommended businesses and tradesmen

A friend of mine (who's not on the forum) is after an odd job man to do a few things round her flat.

This involves drilling through a concrete wall, assembling some shelves and putting up a towel rail, toilet roll holder and bathroom cabinet - probably no more than an hour's work. She's in the Gleadless Valley area - if you can help or know someone who can, please send me a PM and I'll pass it on.

Can recommend Andy of AH electrical 07901 518187 who has recently done a fairly big job of wiring up our extension. Polite, tidy and friendly... turned up and completed the work when he said he would and despite hitting some problems didn't charge us any extra! Very reasonable price too :)

My dad's loo has a crack, so he needs a new loo fitting, and may need a new stack too. Can anyone recommend a plumber to do this job please, preferably local to North Sheffield.

Thanks

My window cleaner did an absolute sterling job on our conservatory, he did the roof, guttering, glass, frames and sills for £30 all in.

His web addy is http://reachandcleansheffield.com

(as in my sig) :thumbsup:

Trust me, you won't be disappointed :)

this week we have had a stair carpet fitted and supplied by ridgeway carpets,i havn't got the number but they are on ridgeway road near the juction with hollinsend road,they have done us a fantastic job and the price was very reasonable. :thumbsup:

My dad's loo has a crack, so he needs a new loo fitting, and may need a new stack too. Can anyone recommend a plumber to do this job please, preferably local to North Sheffield.

Thanks

Might be a little late now, but did you try JL Heating:thumbsup:

Looking for a builder/kitchen fitter, who can also do gas & electrics to start asap. We have been let down and our kitchen arrives this week. Need them to take a wall out and fit lintel using surveyor plans, fit kitchen, move cooker, plaster, fit floor, move a radiator & fit extra electric sockets. Think it is about 2 week job. We have saved up for a long time so want a really good job but a reasonable price. Recommendations please....:)

Looking for a builder/kitchen fitter, who can also do gas & electrics to start asap. We have been let down and our kitchen arrives this week. Need them to take a wall out and fit lintel using surveyor plans, fit kitchen, move cooker, plaster, fit floor, move a radiator & fit extra electric sockets. Think it is about 2 week job. We have saved up for a long time so want a really good job but a reasonable price. Recommendations please....:)

Also put this on jobs and employment under vacancies. You may get more people seeing this post. Sorry to hear you have been let down. There are loads of great trades on here, make sure you check references etc...

We used forum member jsmith2009 to fit my mum some new windows, Jeff and his team did a brilliant job.

Very reasonable, very friendly and did a fantastic job. Will use them again.

contact forum user jsmith2009 or phone Jeff on

thanks again Jeff

I come from a family of architects and over the years have had many dealings with different tradesmen.

There is however, one company in particular that I would strongly recommend to anyone.

David Vine Plastering and Building Services have worked with my family for many years and have a crack team of professionals with all the necessary qualifications.

http://davidvineplastering.googlepages.com

davidlvine@btinternet.com

Telephone 07962001586

Another recommendation for jeff smith. He fitted a laminate floor for my sister.

Good job and on time. contact him on 07861379796. she was very pleased

with the work.