Recommended businesses and tradesmen

i did my cbt with kyle .. excellent instructor... i also second manhattons... i get all my spares from there .. speak to paul or russ . :)

Yeah paul's a good bloke, so's dave that works there.

not so sure about dave lol... does he actually do anything ?

not so sure about dave lol... does he actually do anything ?

He's a wrench, does a good job - I get on with him, doesn't seem to try to sell you sh** either

I would like to recommend Chris TPS from the forum. He has just replaced our shower tray and cubicle, despite encountering a number of problems which he imaginatively overcame, and for a reasonable rate.Tel no;07808 763784 or2671534

I will strongly recommend A.C. Construction off this forum (username A.C.Builders)

A.C. Construction Tel: 07799 621807

Andrew and the guys were highly effiecient and have completed several large jobs for me now amongst ones for other forum members. (an offshot kitchen and loft conversion)

If you want some pictures 'Mesen' just drop me a pm and I will email you a few. (or if anyone else wants some)

They are reliable, very hard working and are meticulous at keeping high standards of workmanship which is the main thing I was seeking.

They are also very reasonably priced.

If anyone is thinking of having building work done I would strongly advise you to get a quote from them...and then you can buy me a drink for recommending them to you!

Hi Don,

I sent you a pm and you asked me my e-mail to send me photos of the work done. I sent you personal e-mail last week but still no pictures.

I will strongly recommend A.C. Construction off this forum (username A.C.Builders)

A.C. Construction Tel: 07799 621807

Andrew and the guys were highly effiecient and have completed several large jobs for me now amongst ones for other forum members. (an offshot kitchen and loft conversion)

If you want some pictures 'Mesen' just drop me a pm and I will email you a few. (or if anyone else wants some)

They are reliable, very hard working and are meticulous at keeping high standards of workmanship which is the main thing I was seeking.

They are also very reasonably priced.

If anyone is thinking of having building work done I would strongly advise you to get a quote from them...and then you can buy me a drink for recommending them to you!

Do they have a BT number? Trading Standards tell you never give work to someone who only have a mobile number and never give work to anyone without knowing their full address otherwise they could be anybody!

Do they have a BT number? Trading Standards tell you never give work to someone who only have a mobile number and never give work to anyone without knowing their full address otherwise they could be anybody!

I have to agree fully with that.

I list my land line number on my web site and have a full postal address on my business cards and invoices.

Oh, I also have Public Liability insurance, just in case!!!!

I have to agree fully with that.

I list my land line number on my web site and have a full postal address on my business cards and invoices.

Oh, I also have Public Liability insurance, just in case!!!!

Then I would give you the work even though you might be dearer... and I also would bet that you would never ask for cash. Never trust anyone without a BT phone number, address or if they ask for cash. My neighbour had a terrible time with a painter who ripped her off with a very bad job and insisted on cash. She was living alone and quite elderly so she was frightened of them and gave in. After they'd gone she contacted the police and because all she had was a mobile number there was nothing they could do!!! So friends beware!!!

i would always recommend people work on referrals rather whether they have a mobile number/home number on there van.

i have neither home or mobile on my van, i use an 0845 number because i work in many different towns so if i added a Sheffield number to my van i would get less work.

on completion though i give my mobile and home number to all my customers.

works for me.

If You Need A Kitchen Fitting I Can Highly Recommend Sp Joinery They've Recently Done Mine That's Supply And Fit And Done A Brilliant Job At An Excellent Price There Number Is 07976243627

Then I would give you the work even though you might be dearer... and I also would bet that you would never ask for cash. Never trust anyone without a BT phone number, address or if they ask for cash. My neighbour had a terrible time with a painter who ripped her off with a very bad job and insisted on cash. She was living alone and quite elderly so she was frightened of them and gave in. After they'd gone she contacted the police and because all she had was a mobile number there was nothing they could do!!! So friends beware!!!

While cash is nice, its not always practical (a large bathroom project could be £6k+ for example).

My recent work has mainly been leaky roofs and new gutters. Once finished I leave an invoice through the door and a cheque usually turns up in the post a week later. Everyones happy!!!

i personally worry about those who take on trades work there not trained for ie a plumber fitting windows, happens a lot.

recommendations is the way forward.