Recommended businesses and tradesmen

This is thread which people can add to naming those businesses or tradesmen which they would recommend to other forummers.

If this idea takes off then we could add another section to the Jobs and Employment forum dedicated to recommendations.

Warning to businesses and tradesmen - this is not for self advertising and any obvious spurious recommendations will get trimmed.

Plus, please don't use this for the opposite, viz. condemning named businesses and tradesmen.

I'll make it sticky for a few days to see how it goes.

If you are going to allow recommendations and a member has had a bad experience with one recommended, surely you must permit that negative comment.

Otherwise why have a forum community?

Originally posted by cgksheff

If you are going to allow recommendations and a member has had a bad experience with one recommended, surely you must permit that negative comment.

Otherwise why have a forum community?

Fair comment. What I meant was not to use this thread simply to condemn anyone.

i have just had a flat garage roof and all the leaks repaired on my house by a roofer in sheffield called jason he was exxcellent fast and extremley professinal his number is

07944495215 jason

Thanks Dabouncer but our website and name has now changed even though we offer the exact same service.

This is an excellent thread as there are a lot of people offering services on here and recommendations speak it all IMHO.

The link to our recommendations and name change is here:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9833

For plumbing and electrical work i recommend these:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33398

Fantastic service and great lads, work with them all the time

I have used this fella for block paving at my mother's and also for a footpath crossover (he was on the Council's list) and was very pleased with the jobs done. He brought before & after photos (with contact details) for lots of his previous jobs.

Brian Carroll 07973 915934

I have recently had some fencing work and a timber deck done by a company called D. Clarke Fencing & Garden Solutions who are based in Coal Aston, near Dronfield. I found their workmanship and materials to be of the highest quality.

They were very reasonably priced and, equally important for me personally, punctual, clean & tidy. I can recommend them to all Forum members.

Having seen their patio & block paving work, I was so impressed that I booked them to build me a couple of patios & a block paved driveway in the next few months.

Contact Darren Clarke on 01246 292744 or 0789 4987888.

E-mail dclarkefencing@aol.com

I believe there's a website under construction but I don't have any details. Darren told me that it would be sorted out by the time their advert appears in the next Yellow Pages in February. :)

I would like to recommend a plasterer/tiler i had to do some work in my house . He was efficient, tidy,reasonably priced. He came and gave me a quote and stuck to the price and carried out the work to a very high standard. He is called CBM building services and u can get in touch with him on 01142219905 or07879414053 or07707626333. and ask for mark

Diamond 5 cleared some rubbish from my back garden for me on Saturday and even cleaned up after himself.

Turned up on time and was quick and efficient.