Recommended businesses and tradesmen

Id like to recomend mark at CBM building services. Firstly he got me out of a hole when the previous plasterer and tiler didnt bother to turn up or ring to say why. He came and gave me a very fair quote for plastering my bathroom and kitchen and tiling the walls and floors in each. His work is excellent and is at a very high standard, (even brought his own pop). He worked weekends too to ensure i didnt have to put off the decorators coming. Thankyou so much for all your brill work and if you post me some cards ill make sure they get handed out at work. Thanks again mark. You can contact mark on 07879414053

Hi I have a 1920's semi the rendering (not sure if thats the right term it's the top half of the house which is plastered and painted.)

has become very weather worn and has cracked and is comming off in places it probably needs replacing. I would welcome any recommendations from anyone who has had this type of work done. Thanks

We use this guy....never lets us down (heres whats on his business card)

COOKES

PAINTING AND POINTING

INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR PAINTING

ALL ASPECTS OF REPOINTING WORK CONSIDERED

MASONARY & BRICK POINTING

HIGH QUALITY WORKMANSHIP

INSURANCE WORK UNDERTAKEN

FREE ESTIMATES

CLEAN, FAST & RELIABLE

COMPETETIVE PRICES

Telephone : 07731107449

For TILING (ceramic wall and floor tiling) I recommend

RJ Tiling

He's neat, tidy, professional, friendly and reliable and does a cracking job. He'll give you a free estimate, he works evenings and weekends if required and he'll even come out for the little jobs.

Telephone: 01709-533722 Mobile: 07813-105554

Email: [email protected]

For your decorating needs I recommend Roger (sorry I don't have his surname, he's in my phone as Roger Decorator.)

He's done quite a bit of work for us and did a brilliant job. Particularly with the internal doors. We thought they were fit only for the bin: they were coming apart at the joints where the panels meet and one was completely broken where it had a foot through it some time ago (don't ask).

He insisted he could sort it out and now they look like new!

His mobile number is 07910 937757

I need a flue lining fitted for a solid multi fuel stove - can anyone recommend someone good.

I need a flue lining fitted for a solid multi fuel stove - can anyone recommend someone good.

Theres a fireplace shop on South Road, Walkley. Replica Fireplaces i think. I have referrred customers there in the past with no problems.

Theres a fireplace shop on South Road, Walkley. Replica Fireplaces i think. I have referrred customers there in the past with no problems.

Thanks I will give these a try.:)

I spent days contacting plumbers. I checked the corgi site and contacted loads leaving messages and none got back. I tried Google maps and phoned loads of them off that and none got back. Checked Sheffield forum and got this number for Ged (D&G Plumbing) 07748907382.

I was pleased he even returned my call, but he turned up, fixed the problem without replacing any parts and didn't even charge the full call out charge. He was very friendly, I will definitely be recommending him to friends and would use him again without hesitation.

Thanks Ged. I'm part of the Ged club now.

Hi All

Just to reccommend this team that helped me out this week.

They ahve a HUGE van and are a respectful polite and reliable pair of lads.

Name is Scott - 07940401180

Really Reasonable Rates tooo.

Hello.

I would recommend Jo and Sara from Housemartin Interiors, wholeheartedly.

They have done a fabulous job on all the woodwork in my house, and plastered, wallpapered and painted a bedroom, which looks great. They even touched up some scrapped paintwork elsewhere and secured a loose bit of wallpaper.

They are friendly and did a super job.

Tel: 07954434405