Have the GAME Group now super accelerated their demise with the ME3 fiasco?

If you havent yet secured a copy of the collectors edition from anywhere else then tough luck. Oh and Damien, you might want to check out any major gaming forum on this but there are literally thousands of people saying they will never use Game again. Amazon for me now every time.

Saying it and following it through are very different

Edited by damien666

Reading through this thread I just get the sense that it's not entirely Game's fault, though they're being punished by you lot for it.

It's EA's greed and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The reason that non-EA racing titles don't have Porsche models in them is because EA secured an exclusive licence and want exorbitant amounts of money (much more than it's worth) for the re-licencing.

I won't be buying any EA titles purely because of my recent experience with them have been less than good.

The latest NFS title "The Race". Completed in less than 12 hours of gameplay, poor AI, poor physics & just the same gameplay at each stage.

EA have also introduced "Online Passes" which means now if you buy or are given a 2nd hand EA title you're not able to play online with it unless you pay for an EA pass (£8 I think).

Even if you've bought the game brand new and say you're sibling wants to have a go on their own gamer profile. For them to take it online, they would have to purchase an online pass.

EA's reason for the introduction of online passes:

"It allows us to accelerate our commitments to enhance premium online services to the entire robust EA online community"

Xbox Live & PSN provide the online services NOT EA and how is it a premium service when you are not getting something special, it just allows us to play online, something that we are supposed to do from the beginning without paying extra

In my opinion it needs to be stopped in it's tracks before other game makers start to notice and we're all paying more for less.

BTW EA made $6 BILLION profit in 2010 before the introduction of online passes. So claims that the 2nd user market is destroying the industry clearly are false.

If you havent yet secured a copy of the collectors edition from anywhere else then tough luck. Oh and Damien, you might want to check out any major gaming forum on this but there are literally thousands of people saying they will never use Game again. Amazon for me now every time.

Ive explained why they arent getting the games in. So why are you boycotting them? Why not boycott EA for being greedy gits and upping their prices all of a sudden so game cant afford them. Silly really.

Reading through this thread I just get the sense that it's not entirely Game's fault, though they're being punished by you lot for it.

It's EA's greed and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The reason that non-EA racing titles don't have Porsche models in them is because EA secured an exclusive licence and want exorbitant amounts of money (much more than it's worth) for the re-licencing.

I won't be buying any EA titles purely because of my recent experience with them have been less than good.

The latest NFS title "The Race". Completed in less than 12 hours of gameplay, poor AI, poor physics & just the same gameplay at each stage.

EA have also introduced "Online Passes" which means now if you buy or are given a 2nd hand EA title you're not able to play online with it unless you pay for an EA pass (£8 I think).

Even if you've bought the game brand new and say you're sibling wants to have a go on their own gamer profile. For them to take it online, they would have to purchase an online pass.

EA's reason for the introduction of online passes:

Xbox Live & PSN provide the online services NOT EA and how is it a premium service when you are not getting something special, it just allows us to play online, something that we are supposed to do from the beginning without paying extra

In my opinion it needs to be stopped in it's tracks before other game makers start to notice and we're all paying more for less.

BTW EA made $6 BILLION profit in 2010 before the introduction of online passes. So claims that the 2nd user market is destroying the industry clearly are false.

I assume you read my post then. Im glad i went in a spoke to game now and read all of the stuff. Some people arent intelligent enough to realise its EA which are in the wrong not game.

Blockbuster are even tighter than GAME for trade in prices IMO, you're best selling to CEX.. I sold a collection of DS games to them on Tuesday, got £141.60! Even better than I was hoping for seeing as I got a quote from musicmagpie.co.uk the other week for the whole collection and it came to about £123.

But cex aren't going to be selling mass effect 3 on release day, given that their stock is all second hand. And, like anywhere else, you only get a decent price if you exchange for store credit, the cash value is usually a fair amount less

Reading through this thread <...> we're all paying more for less <...>
<..> you got it exactly right, since this is where EA was always going, once they secured sufficient critical mass as a publisher.

Which is why (not the only reason, but a strong one) I have now gone back to this.

Sod online, sod HD, sod which-iteration-of-NFS-or-CoD-is-this-? Might flog the 360 yet, depends how easy/expensive it would be to interface it with the cab. Not decided yet, but it's getting seriously dusty, and an R-Type board beckons.

I like gaming as a pastime to while away some time. 5 mins here, 20 mins there, multi-hour marathon sessions are a thing of the past once family, professional, etc. responsibilities stack up enough.

Life has got complicated enough as it is, without me having to plan a game purchase according to who the publisher is, who has what exclusive for which character on which game, which retailer is stocking what game, what platform is best for this game, etc, etc.

/rant over, feel better :D

I shall leave you to squabble and argue over what b*****ds EA are (it's not like they didn't already pull this 'monopoly' trick with the MD, the 3DO, the Dreamcast, the... etc. in years gone by), which of 360 or PS3 is best, how the latest CoD is better cos guns have got tritium-coated sights, etc and return to sheer, simplistic, so-perfectly-tuned-it-hurts gameplaying delight that is Defender-in-a-cab :thumbsup:

Edited by L00b

erm its not little known and fyi game don't sell "retro" games

It's a little known fact that GAME baught out gamestation

Try the other way round pal.

its a well known fact that no one actually cares

Well if you want to be like that your wrong. Game is the name of the store the actual company is called "the game group" they have also been electronics boutique before changing back to game.

YAAAAAAAAWN bored yet?

its a well known fact that no one actually cares

I would say in my case the same goes for me3

PS2 is not 'retro' yet, it's last-gen.

Pay attention to the syntax, Rich ;)

(joking! ;))

to me ANYTHING not current gen is retro, because its in the past

to me ANYTHING not current gen is retro, because its in the past

While new games are still being made for ps2 it's not retro