Problems at the Asda roundabout - Wordsworth Avenue

I have have pointed out this thread to former colleagues at SCC. They were already aware of this issue and are actively discussing potential changes with Asda (who paid for the works) and their consultants who originally designed it.

I have have pointed out this thread to former colleagues at SCC. They were already aware of this issue and are actively discussing potential changes with Asda (who paid for the works) and their consultants who originally designed it.

Great news, thanks :).

Let's just hope someone isn't injured seriously before they've made their minds up :thumbsup:

Good news.....Thanks for pointing them in the direction of this thread, let's hope they can come up with a solution that makes it less complicated to navigate this roundabout.

Regards

Doom

Has anyone got any more info on this, is it still being looked at?

They'll have to replace the railings soon too :rolleyes:.

Am I right in thinking that the roundabout already existed before Asda was built, and the roundabout already had issues before Asda was built?

Am I right in thinking that the roundabout already existed before Asda was built, and the roundabout already had issues before Asda was built?

The roundabout has been there for years but not as it is now. It was a normal roundabout with 4 exits and I can't recall any serious issues with it in the past.

The accidents have started to occur since the alteration made to the road when asda arrived

Jan

I noticed a car parked in the railings on the actual roundabout of the Asda last night, it appears as if 2 cars approached from Chaucher school, and the left hand lane(not the store lane) car was travelling around the round about to the Wordsworth Av. exit and the right hand lane driver wanted to goto Deerlands and they collided.

Looking into this roundabout more, the council really need to sort it out. If we take the store and its lane out of the equation(which is causing the confusion) we are left with a roundabout with 3 exits(entering from Chaucer school) and 2 entrances, both the left and right lanes have lane markings to indicate straight ahead, so with the store and its own exit out of the equation this means that both lanes can be fed to Wordsworth avenue(as that would technically be straight over, Deerlands being the 1st exit) so would mean the driver in the right lane that wanted to goto Deerlands was in the wrong.

Now where I think the confusion has come from is because the store has its own exit people are seeing the 2nd exit(Deerlands) as the 'straight on exit' and are using the right lane from Chaucer school to go onto Deerlands, with my understanding this would in effect be the 1st exit. I don't think it helps that there are 2 lanes from Chaucer school and 2 lanes onto Deerlands(Suggesting this is where the 2 lanes are meant to end up?).

I think the only way to clear this roundabout up would be;

Remove the store exit so there would only be 2 entrances onto the roundabout(making Deerlands the 'straight on exit' or make the road marking clearer.

I could be wrong but this is my understanding.

You've lost me :huh: Its a roundabout where 2 roads cross so there are 2 Deerlands and 2 Wordsworth exits - which is which! :confused:

I'm just off to the Chav ASDA right now - I'll try and work it out!

I'm just off to the Chav ASDA right now .

lol !!

lol !!

Its not Chav Asda, its Chavsda!!

lol !!

Be careful not to trip over all the bmx's by the doorway, and try not to get into any staring competitions.