Problems at the Asda roundabout - Wordsworth Avenue

I know this is jumping on a thread but talking about bad designs of roads,does anyone else struggle getting off of creswick rd where yewlands school is to turn right ? they have put the traffic lights and crossing outside mansell school and since then people coming up yew lane just block anyone from getting out all the time every morning!!,it makes my blood boil and what happened to people having the respect to let you out if they are not going anywhere rather than just pulling up to the next car in front?

Rant over i needed that

I walked past this junction today and I suspect there will still be confusion.

As you approach the roundabout from Wordsworth Avenue they've now changed it into 2 lanes. The left hand lane has an arrow pointing to the left and straight ahead, whereas the right hand lane has an arrow pointing straight ahead and to the right.

I assume straight ahead means down Wordsworth Avenue, but when I asked my Wife which lane she would get into to head up Deerlands but in the right hand lane she said the right one. That means she would cut up anybody who is using the left hand lane to head down Wordsworth.

In other news they were also resurfacing Chaucer Road today on the stretch between Asda and Mansel School.

Regards

Doom

These roundabouts are a nightmare. My mum lives on Chaucer road so I have to use them to get there I dread going on them. I even took to finding an alternative route. Nothing will be done until there is a serious accident. They were very poorly thought out!

They have messed up by not making drivers aware of the left only lane on the second roundabout. It defies normal roundabout rules and is going to cause as many crashes as the first roundabout now :rolleyes:.

I wonder how many attempts these clowns are going to have before they actually sort it out properly?

......I assume straight ahead means down Wordsworth Avenue......

If you had read the posts on this thread, you would have seen that is not true.:rolleyes:

If you had read the posts on this thread, you would have seen that is not true.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately many people who see an arrow pointing straight ahead will assume that means straight on......Wordsworth Avenue is straight on.

From what I've seen today the markings will continue to cause confusion and I'll be surprised if there aren't further accidents on this roundabout.

Regards

Doom

They have messed up by not making drivers aware of the left only lane on the second roundabout. It defies normal roundabout rules and is going to cause as many crashes as the first roundabout now :rolleyes:.

I wonder how many attempts these clowns are going to have before they actually sort it out properly?

COMMON SENSE PREVAILS PEOPLE:banana::banana::clap::clap::banana::banana::headbang:

i shut my eyes the road marking wrong

The new markings just make no sense at all, until they get it right its just going to be a free for all on these roundabouts.