Problems at the Asda roundabout - Wordsworth Avenue

HI

probably just another case of a none driver designing road junctions

I've never met a highway design engineer who wasn't a driver, and I know a lot of them!

Did anyone witness the accident on Wednesday 7 March on the roundabout at the Asda on Wordsworth avenue please? It was between a learner car and a silver car?

planner1 would you say this roundabout is a problem and needs sorting or is it the drivers at fault?

i think its a bit of both.

Edited by jon&emma

american tourist are worst for roundabouts, they dont have em over there.

IMO somebody (no doubt on quite an impressive salary) who designed this roundabout screwed up.

There is no way the right hand lane of Wordsworth Avenue (Chaucer end) should be marked for straight ahead and right as this forces drivers using the lane to proceed along Wordsworth Avenue to cross lanes in a relatively small space.

planner1 would you say this roundabout is a problem and needs sorting or is it the drivers at fault?

Haven't used it for a long time so couldn't really say.

The things is, even if it is driver error, if enough drivers are making the same errors you can't just turn a blind eye and let the accidents continue.

Somebody in a position of responsibility needs to look at this issue and find a way to make it easier for motorists to understand, because clearly plenty don't know which lane they should be in.

From when I first saw the layout I thought this roundabout was an accident waiting to happen.....It would seem my concerns were well founded.

Regards

Doom

yes i use this roundabout 4x's daily THANKS and have NEVER had any problem with it .

If you have never had a close call on there or been cut up or seen others be cut up then either you are extremely lucky, drive over there in the early hours or ignore what is happening around you.

Seen another very very close call today, does someone have to be seriously injured or die before they sort it out?

I've always been taught to think everyone is a bad driver so to expect people to £&@? up. So I always give everyone loads of room. I know exactly which lane to be in so I find them easy

jellybabyadi was the silver car a golf? my partner saw a silver golf hit a black learner car as she was coming out of asda last week if this was you inbox me your number

jellybabyadi was the silver car a golf? my partner saw a silver golf hit a black learner car as she was coming out of asda last week if this was you inbox me your number

Hi calnnik, yes it was a Golf. Thank you for responding and it does sound like the accident I was involved in. Will inbox you my number, and thanks again :)

Hi calnnik, yes it was a Golf. Thank you for responding and it does sound like the accident I was involved in. Will inbox you my number, and thanks again :)

Need to have at least 5 messages to send you inbox. Hopefully it will let me send it to you now.