It's going to be Dave Jones- Now Confirmed

Your entitled to your opinion, tha's fine, but just don't understand it.

You have to remember Lee Clark has had 3 or 4 bites of the cherry to get Huddersfield up into the Championship with massive resources and failed. You also have to remember that when Clark was sacked at Huddersfield, lots of the Huddersfield fans actually wanted him out too, that speaks volumes.

I don't want Jones, but I prefer him over Clark. I definitely do not want Ince, but the guy who I would want is Mick McCarthy, he has done a decent job at Wolves and he is most definitely an interesting figure to have at Hillsborough. Better than the deadwood we have had like Laws & Irvine, both as dull as dishwater.

McCarthy is the only man I feel as if the fans will accept.

Awful time to sack the manager in my view.

I agree, but not knowing this division was Irvines downfall and McCarthy has been up in the Premier League, so he will be out of touch with League 1 too me thinks.

If he really wanted to bring back the crowds and the style the fans would love to see again, he could do a lot worse than poach Di Canio from Swindon... I would think he'd get a longer honeymoon period than some others mentioned.

McCarthy surprises me, that he's prepared to drop that low down after Wolves. Still, at least he plays with a similar outlook to Megson - gritty, battling direct football.

MM get yer wallet out and get KK ....Up the Owls.

If he really wanted to bring back the crowds and the style the fans would love to see again, he could do a lot worse than poach Di Canio from Swindon... I would think he'd get a longer honeymoon period than some others mentioned.

McCarthy surprises me, that he's prepared to drop that low down after Wolves. Still, at least he plays with a similar outlook to Megson - gritty, battling direct football.

Di Canio is like a lot we've had at Hillbro...a gamble with not much history,it got to be someone who's done it,I hope its Mcarthy but would be suprised if its not Jones.

Megson is contemplating taking MM to court.

Strange decision for me at least he should have had until the end of the season but trying to second guess a chairman?

I don't think this is going to benefit the club, at least this season anyway.

Still shocked about Megson, must have been some argument. Would like to see Mick McCarthy in as next manager, at least has some local connection.

It means one of two things; either the bookies know that Jones and Mandaric have been talking, or that someone tried to put a £1,000 bet on Jones taking over, at the betting office nearest Mandaric's home. :hihi:

You seem to know something the rest of us don't. Care to substantiate your ludicrously thinly-veiled accusation?:|

Whoever comes in has 13 games to secure a play off place and get us prepared for them, or hit the ground running and win almost every game left to possibly get automatic, but that is a very big ask !

Megson doesn't stay at a club for long does he. Worthington is an outside bet.

You seem to know something the rest of us don't.

Actually, it's something that everyone knows; information leaks out. The biggest bets on anything to do with any appointment of a person to a position, are always made by people who already know what the appointment's going to be and are hoping to make a quick buck.

The Hills betting office in Westminster, on its own, could prove that tale a thousand times over, with the number of times an MP or party official tried to place a bet on who would be appointed to some political office. It's commonplace to most football manager positions as well. There's always someone who knows something and tries to make money out of it.

If you inferred that I meant to suggest Mandaric himself was trying to place a bet; that is not what I intended to imply.