It's going to be Dave Jones- Now Confirmed

Just read on BBC Sport Website that Chris Evans was academy director when Dave Jones was at Wolves ... not out of the question that he won't stay at the club

Cuttsie

I don't know what kind of entertainment floats your boat but if you think Megson = show business then you're either deluded or in need of a bit of education.

Hi all, I'm not a Wednesday or United supporter, so I cant understand why MM did what he did, only to quote this-

"Sheffield Wednesday have confirmed Chris Evans and Neil Thompson will take charge of first-team affairs following the sacking of Gary Megson.

Megson was dismissed by chairman Milan Mandaric on Wednesday night, despite guiding his team to third in League One and delivering a vital win over Steel City rivals United on Sunday.

However, Mandaric felt the Owls' promotion push would be better suited with a new manager at the helm, with Dave Jones and Paul Ince the reported favourites to take over.

A statement read: "Sheffield Wednesday can confirm that assistant manager Chris Evans and first-team coach Neil Thompson will oversee first-team affairs until the appointment of a new manager."

The Owls are expected to have a new man in place before Saturday's trip to Rochdale.

SINCE WHEN??

Mandaric insists sacking Megson was the "best decision for the supporters".

"It was very a hard decision but it was the best decision for our supporters," he said. "It was not done for me or for anyone else, it was done for the best of the club."

"We are trying very hard and hopefully we can announce the new manager in the next 24 hours," Mandaric added. "It was always our objective to get out of this league and we have fallen down lately and whoever comes here will have to get us out of this league."

I would have thought that leaving Megson in charge would have been the way out / forward. Perhaps I'm wrong and I know Sweet Fa n ny Adams about football, but thats my opinion. Most Owls fans would say he was wrong in sacking him, wouldn't they?

A win over your local rivals, up into a promotion play off place, thats rather good I think, no reason to get rid, unless somet has gone off behind the scenes we ordinary folk no nowt about? :suspect:

Cuttsie

I don't know what kind of entertainment floats your boat but if you think Megson = show business then you're either deluded or in need of a bit of education.

Well it seems as though Meggie and his beloved Owls are the only thing that Unitedites can find to write about on these forums so Entertainmant it is.

My education was crap by the way wish it had not been.

press conference called for 2pm

I hope they are not posing holding up scarves as is the norm . Only Gary Megson was genuine in that one.

Well it seems as though Meggie and his beloved Owls are the only thing that Unitedites can find to write about on these forums so Entertainmant it is.

My education was crap by the way wish it had not been.

That made me laugh.

It's refreshing to hear someone being so honest on here (and I mean this in the nicest way).

:thumbsup:

Ah well new manager , new era so it will be back to winning the champs league , world cup etc.

While we do it quietly :hihi:

3 and a half year contract for jones then, i wonder if he will make it that long.

3 and a half year contract for jones then, i wonder if he will make it that long.

TBH with manderics record if you don't get promotion I can't see him lasting 3 and a half months not a dig

TBH with manderics record if you don't get promotion I can't see him lasting 3 and a half months not a dig

you really think he's given jones a 3 and a half year contract but would sack him if we don't go up at the end of the season?

I think sacking Megson was a big mistake, after all Wednesday are in third place and almost certain of the play-offs if nobody upsets the apple cart then the board do just that, crazy.

All Wednesday need is a decent striker and keeper from what I saw against Blackpool.