Megson sacked - confirmed

Ive sadlly got to agree with you.

I'll second that too.....

Guest sibon
im sorry but when your 3rd in the league you just put one over your biggest rivals at a crucial point in the season,milan should no better than upset the team

this could be the nail in the coffin for swfc for this season,and if it is i wonder if milan will be big enough to stand up and hold his hands up

It won't make a difference, which makes the decision even more odd.

Wednesday won't get automatic now. They will make the play offs. The rest of this season is about assembling the right players and the right mentality to win the play offs. I thought that Megson had that well under control. But, hey, what do I know.

It's perhaps not so much that a new manager might succeed at this point, as the fact that (in Mandaric's eyes, if he considered automatic promotion as the minimum acceptable standard) Megson has already failed.

Has Jones worked for Mandaric before? I remember him having to leave one job because of unfounded accusations of criminal activity, but I don't remember which team or who his chairman was.

You are right it was unfounded so no need to bring it up at all.

Goodbye megson, the city is ours!!

C'mon...I know we're massive but surely your lot can think of some songs of your own! ;)

As for Megson, i'd have stuck with him until the end of the season at least and i wish him all the best. :thumbsup:

It won't make a difference, which makes the decision even more odd.

Wednesday won't get automatic now. They will make the play offs. The rest of this season is about assembling the right players and the right mentality to win the play offs. I thought that Megson had that well under control. But, hey, what do I know.

Bugger all but enough about that :hihi::P:D

Like Paul Walker said on twitter this isnt about footy there has to be another reason behind it surely ?

Guest sibon
Bugger all but enough about that :hihi::P:D

Like Paul Walker said on twitter this isnt about footy there has to be another reason behind it surely ?

I'm wondering whether we can expect another significant change shortly...

But, hey, what do I know:D

"I am delighted with this appointment because Gary is a top drawer manager," Mandaric told the club website.

"He has tremendous experience in the Championship and the Premiership and that is where Sheffield Wednesday needs to be"

"My target when I bought this club was promotion this season and that remains the case."

Mandaric's words when appointing Megson

You've just petrol in a Diesel car Mr. M.

Boy, your replacement had better be better than a 'top drawer manager'

I'm wondering whether we can expect another significant change shortly...

But, hey, what do I know:D

Your a man - you know nothing pfft :D

Some have suggested that he was sacked before the derby - do you believe that ?

Or are they speaking hypothetically as in the result didnt make any difference to the decision

It's that instant success nightmare that people crave. Managers getting sacked for being in top 4 of a division is madness and in Megsons case he hasn't even been given one full season in charge. We can't get promoted in February, but we might have in May

Guest sibon
Your a man - you know nothing pfft :D

Some have suggested that he was sacked before the derby - do you believe that ?

Or are they speaking hypothetically as in the result didnt make any difference to the decision

I'm pretty sure that he knew that he was on borrowed time. You can see that from his interviews. He must have thought that the win had saved his job though.

"I am delighted with this appointment because Gary is a top drawer manager," Mandaric told the club website.

"He has tremendous experience in the Championship and the Premiership and that is where Sheffield Wednesday needs to be"

"My target when I bought this club was promotion this season and that remains the case."

Mandaric's words when appointing Megson

And Megson was getting you guys there via the play offs.....strange v strange

I'm pretty sure that he knew that he was on borrowed time. You can see that from his interviews. He must have thought that the win had saved his job though.

Yes true

I have to say I thought that was great what O'Grady did when he scored the goal and ran straight over to him.

Edited by missymoo73