Megson sacked - confirmed

Gary will have full support,you gotta laugh.

Ey up Pigster, hows you mate. I don't think promising a manager support is unique to MM.......

Ey up Pigster, hows you mate. I don't think promising a manager support is unique to MM.......

Not happy mate:mad:

Don't give up the day job Grappler. Accountancy is not for you.

If he's invested £20m already (which I doubt) how can another £7m be added to this total by failing to achieve promotion? Non promotion doesn't actually cost anything, it's money that only comes into the club if promotion is achieved.

If anyone sees Jim, give him a nudge and tell him to come and have a read of these posts above.

Oh, and actually I did do basic accountancy (called "accountancy for managers", in other words, enough to understand a balance sheet, P + L, etc.) :hihi:

Not happy mate:mad:

I must admit when I got the phone call with the news last night I was shocked for a few seconds, but then thought about it and, well, as we have all said, MM is a businessman, he is not from Sheffield and only wants to protect his investment.

But, I do think the way this has been done (if it is all true), interviewing others while the bloke is still employed at SWFC is morally dubious to say the least. Third in the league, had a blip and then beat the local rivals, play off still almost nailed on (barring a disaster) and the bloke gets the sack.

Think the timing is terrible,ok if he gets the right bloke in and we go on a 13 game unbeaten run and your lads slip up .we go up automatic,we can all say well done mm. Thing is its not gunna happen.

But, I do think the way this has been done (if it is all true), interviewing others while the bloke is still employed at SWFC is morally dubious to say the least.

It's not about morals it's a pure cash scenario.

One in my opinion will backfire on MM.

But, I do think the way this has been done (if it is all true), interviewing others while the bloke is still employed at SWFC is morally dubious to say the least.

It's not about morals it's a pure cash scenario.

One in my opinion will backfire on MM.

Cant really agree that its about money,surely mm wants promotion as much as the fans [different reasons ] so how can sacking megson be good financially,only if it guarantees promotion which as we do agree will proberly backfire.

He's a businessman first and foremost.

The only logical explanation is megson got the bullet because MM thought you wouldnt get promoted under him hence a financial decision it can't be anything else.

It's been said he's protecting his investment which is 100% correct.

He's a businessman first and foremost.

The only logical explanation is megson got the bullet because MM thought you wouldnt get promoted under him hence a financial decision it can't be anything else.

It's been said he's protecting his investment which is 100% correct.

I agree ,he is a businessman first and foremost,and if the new man gets us promoted then he will say his decision was right,but if it causes unrest in the team and we miss out,i hope he holds his hands up and admits he was wrong.

Its football. If GM had the opportunity to manage at an higher level, he'd have been off like a shot. Managers are well paid and thick skinned, he'll be back pretty soon...

Its football. If GM had the opportunity to manage at an higher level, he'd have been off like a shot. Managers are well paid and thick skinned, he'll be back pretty soon...

Are you joking managing at a higher level?

His brand of football is not liked and after getting sacked yet again how many chairmen do you think would take a chance?

I believe MM has made a huge mistake in releasing Megson. It's not everyday you get a fan managing his local team.

Under Megson Wednesday have done what has been asked of him & moved the team up a level where we had a reasonable chance of promotion, on a very limited outlay of transfere cash.

He has moved well in the loan market, but MM has restricted the amount of cash to purchase quality players.

It is now obvious with the players reaction on Sunday after the goal, that they were aware of what was to happen.

If the loan players had any bottle, they would move back their respective clubs out of respect for Megson. They have no loyalty to Wednesday, but would prove a point that players can have loyalty to a good manager.

This decision to get rid of Megson has been made purely & simply on business grounds. If we don't get promotion this season MM will not get the cash return when he sells Wednesday in the close season.

I wish MM well for the future, which I think will be at Rangers.

In the meantime, he will not get my cash for the season tickets I was going to purchase for myself & two grand kids.

Well done Mego - now go to a decent club.