Why don't people in Sheffield clean up after their dogs?

I don't ask them whether they're going to pick it up, I offer them a bag to pick it up with too :)

I always carry extras for this same reason.

The paths behind my house are covered side to side with crap. I would LOVE alcblog to come for a walk with me - I'll have my video camera ready. :)

I explained in my OP why I didn't see the dog poo (maybe you missed it?)

:huh:

Where exactly? other than 'I wasn't watching where I was walking'

I've just come back from Australia and noticed there, that the councils provide 'doggie stations' around parks that not only have red bins, but doggie bags too - pull and tear.

There is no excuse for leaving poo around if there are free bags too.

My dog tends to mainly poo in our garden, normally after we've returned from a walk. But i always carry bags with me just incase she poos when we're out. I find poo bags everywhere, in all my pockets, in my hand bag, even in the washing machine! (Empty poo bags, that is!)

I take her on a field close to us for a run every day and the amount of dog poo is unbelievable! It's almost impossible to avoid standing in it. Children have to walk across this field to get to the playground, it's disgusting. Theres a poo bin on this field aswell so it's not as if people would have to carry it far.

It's not hard or time consuming to pick up your dogs poo. I can't understand why people don't do it.

A few times, when i've started to pick Jazz's poo up, the wind has blown the bag and i've ended up putting my hand right in it!! Even that doesn't bother me, it's only a bit of poo, it soon washes off!!

Edited by damophoto

Ooops!! The above post is actually mine. I forgot 'damophoto' was still logged in!

The council urgently needs to tackle this problem that is the scurge of Sheffield. It is a serious issue of health and safety. We regularly have to dodge several piles on the walk to school. Sometimes we're not so lucky. Kids are regularly treading this in to school carpets and kids are sitting and playing on the carpets. It's time for action.

Motorists are singled out and used to fill the coffers, it's time some attention was paid to these anti-social filthy dog-owners. They also give the good ones a bad name.

Perhaps one way would be for the council to sell reasonably priced poo bags. This could help generate cash for the scheme too, and if dog owners didn't have a council poo bag on them when they were stopped on the street with their dog, they could be fined? I know that some will buy the bags and not use them, but the money raised should help pay for patrols that could issue hefty fines for dog owners seen not picking up after their dogs.

Poo bags aren't expensive anyway. I get 150 for 89p! If people can't afford poo bags, they shouldn't have a dog. Picking up poo is part of having a dog! If you're not prepared to do it, don't get a dog.

I do think a fine if you've not got any poo bags with you when out with your dog is a good idea though. Every responsible dog owner that i know ALWAYS have poo bags with them. So the responsible ones amongst us have nothin to worry about!

I don't see how poop bags could be priced more reasonably than they already are?

Maybe the council should fill the pot holes in with the turds, might make a better job than the licorice they currently use.

even the star is getting in on the act....http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/clean_up_your_mess_dog_walkers_urged_1_4196543?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

There is dog crap all the way down the footpath to my childrens playground it is filthy, not even the caretaker picks it (I know its not his fault but if the owner dont then its his job to look after the school). I even saw 1 owner take the dog on the school field for a crap filthy dirty *****. If this gets in a childs eye they are blind for life... DOG OWNERS PICK IT UP !!!

There is dog crap all the way down the footpath to my childrens playground it is filthy, not even the caretaker picks it (I know its not his fault but if the owner dont then its his job to look after the school). I even saw 1 owner take the dog on the school field for a crap filthy dirty ***P**. If this gets in a childs eye they are blind for life... DOG OWNERS PICK IT U !!!

erm.... what? :huh:

My dog once had a poo but i had used all my bags so walked all the way home and went back to the mess with more bag supplies and picked it up.