Why don't people in Sheffield clean up after their dogs?

If need be, the tax could also pay to round up stray dogs and dispose of them.

I think after reading your response to this thread, we ought to have a collection to pay and round you up and dipose of you, you obviously are not a dog lover after reading your above reply.

Cats, at least, bury their mess.

As has been shown on other threads on the subject, this is often not the case. Come to my house and I'll prove it to you.

I think after reading your response to this thread, we ought to have a collection to pay and round you up and dipose of you, you obviously are not a dog lover after reading your above reply.

No, obviously not a dog lover.

If people want to keep dogs, and they keep them under control and clean up after them then that's fine, and I wouldn't wish suffering on any sentient creature.

However, I can't believe that in a civilised society like ours we still have streets covered with ****, and I think it's time we changed that.

As well as not cleaning it up, it repulses me when they do and just carry it in a nappy sack.

Good they clean it up but why do they think others have to see it.

For goodness sake cover it up and put it in another none see through bag.

Recently there has been an increase in dog fouling in the area bounded by Hemper Lane, top half of Bocking Lane, plus Old Park Rd & Av., Crawshaw Grove, Cockshutt Rd and adjoining roads. The council have been informed and patrols are ongoing. Residents have been informed to be vigilant. If you are caught allowing your dog to foul, you will be named and shamed. If you are bold enough to carry on, then face the consequences.

I have always cleaned up after my Great Dane and if we are on our way on a walk, the bag is usually put in my pocket. What's the problem, it is bagged up. If we see anyone allowing their dog to foul and not cleaning up, video this on your mobile phone and let the council see it. They will follow it up for you.

The problem is it makes one sick looking at bags of dog poo being swung for all to see

I have always cleaned up after my Great Dane and if we are on our way on a walk, the bag is usually put in my pocket. What's the problem, it is bagged up. If we see anyone allowing their dog to foul and not cleaning up, video this on your mobile phone and let the council see it. They will follow it up for you.

I often see piles of fresh poo just left on pavements. The next day, without fail, someone has always stepped in it, leaving a flat poo, with little dabs a few inches away, where the person has carried on walking.

It's so disgusting :gag: :gag:

Today (Sunday) decided to take the scenic route via the Bolehills (to see the snow in Derbyshire), whilst walking to a friends with my G/F.

OK, I wasn't looking exactly where I was walking along the pavement whilst taking in the scenic views and walked through a squishy dog turd right in the middle of the FOOTPATH. Not only did this cover my shoes, it also splashed onto my trousers.

Had to go home, put my trousers in the washing machine, take a shower, scrub my shoes and phone my friend to say we were gonna be late. This took about an hour.

I'd just like to say ... if I see anyone letting their dog crap on the pavement without cleaning it up, I'm going to pick the crap up with my bare hands and rub it into the face and clothing of the irresponsible owner and am quite happy to suffer the consequences. This isn't a threat ... it's a promise!

Hahaha, brilliant (I'm not laughing at your misfortune, coz quite frankly that's rank!) but your telling of it was hilarious and has really cheered me up - it's only 8:45am and already I'm having a shocking day, so thanks!! :hihi: