Why don't people in Sheffield clean up after their dogs?

Recently there has been an increase in dog fouling in the area bounded by Hemper Lane, top half of Bocking Lane, plus Old Park Rd & Av., Crawshaw Grove, Cockshutt Rd and adjoining roads. The council have been informed and patrols are ongoing. Residents have been informed to be vigilant. If you are caught allowing your dog to foul, you will be named and shamed. If you are bold enough to carry on, then face the consequences.

.............good for you. I am a very responsible dog owner, and it makes my blood boil when I see people leaving the mess their dogs do. Let us know how you get on!!!!

Today (Sunday) decided to take the scenic route via the Bolehills (to see the snow in Derbyshire), whilst walking to a friends with my G/F.

OK, I wasn't looking exactly where I was walking along the pavement whilst taking in the scenic views and walked through a squishy dog turd right in the middle of the FOOTPATH. Not only did this cover my shoes, it also splashed onto my trousers.

Had to go home, put my trousers in the washing machine, take a shower, scrub my shoes and phone my friend to say we were gonna be late. This took about an hour.

I'd just like to say ... if I see anyone letting their dog crap on the pavement without cleaning it up, I'm going to pick the crap up with my bare hands and rub it into the face and clothing of the irresponsible owner and am quite happy to suffer the consequences. This isn't a threat ... it's a promise!

Not only did this cover my shoes, it also splashed onto my trousers.

Had to go home, put my trousers in the washing machine, take a shower, scrub my shoes and phone my friend to say we were gonna be late. This took about an hour.

This tickled me.

Today (Sunday) decided to take the scenic route via the Bolehills (to see the snow in Derbyshire), whilst walking to a friends with my G/F.

OK, I wasn't looking exactly where I was walking along the pavement whilst taking in the scenic views and walked through a squishy dog turd right in the middle of the FOOTPATH. Not only did this cover my shoes, it also splashed onto my trousers.

I'd just like to say ... if I see anyone letting their dog crap on the pavement without cleaning it up, I'm going to pick the crap up with my bare hands and rub it into the face and clothing of the irresponsible owner and am quite happy to suffer the consequences. This isn't a threat ... it's a promise!

its the turdinator

hahaha I feel your pain. Dog crap is everywhere in Sheffield. It's disgusting. I'd love to see someone who does not pick up their dog's crap have it smeared into their face by a random stranger.

hahaha made me laugh...it's vile though it's all on the pavements up here and its on route to two local nurserys and a primary school. I bet so many kids run into it on the way to and from school!

I admit I watch em let their dogs crap and if they don't pick it up I say aren't you gonna pick that up! Dirty so and so's!

As a dog owner- I completely agree with you. It's disgusting leaving others to walk through your dog's mess.

hahaha made me laugh...it's vile though it's all on the pavements up here and its on route to two local nurserys and a primary school. I bet so many kids run into it on the way to and from school!

I admit I watch em let their dogs crap and if they don't pick it up I say aren't you gonna pick that up! Dirty so and so's!

I don't ask them whether they're going to pick it up, I offer them a bag to pick it up with too :)

hahaha I feel your pain. Dog crap is everywhere in Sheffield. It's disgusting. I'd love to see someone who does not pick up their dog's crap have it smeared into their face by a random stranger.

Same here I hope I'm there, it's a thousand pound fine where I live for letting your dog foul the pavement, it still happens, as there's no one to police it.:roll:

Meanwhile, we've lots of horse poo on the pavements...guerra a shovel..:hihi:

Sounds like a scene from The Crying Game.

Good idea medusa! Im not incharge of dog walking duties so don't carry bags but may suggest this to the other half!