The Most Depressing Place In Sheffield

The last time I passed through Buchanan Road it looked how Syria does now.

i agree with the area past primark down castle market ughhhh

i agree with the area past primark down castle market ughhhh

There's no pleasing some people. It's taken the council decades of work and planning to get Sheffields iconic Giro Quarter looking just right. The smell alone has a dedicated team of 10 people to keep the ratios of dog muck, BO, skunk and stale urine in perfect harmony.

Go on then, why?

I'd have said Tinsley as well. Not all of it, just the terraced houses bit of it closest to the M1.

Why? For me it's just the architecture of the place. An isolated island of tiny identikit terraced red brick houses stained brown/black by the pollution of the M1 with tiny identically dead front gardens, surrounded by industry on three sides and a park on the other that you can't see until you're walking past it.

Narrow streets, narrow pavements, the constant noise of traffic both from the motorway and from the extremely busy roads that surround it. Even when it's sunny it's depressing. On a bad day you also get the stench of the sewage treatment works alongside the Viaduct.

The Castle Market area has to be a contender for this title due to the sheer grottiness of the area.

However, the Lidl on the lower Manor has to take the prize for me.

the new asda at chaucer, what a waste of time that is

Castlegate the whole area needs a revamp. It does have potential there is some prime realostate up the top not being used. Just some investors needed.