The Most Depressing Place In Sheffield

Hillsborough Co-Op is pretty daft; all that unused space and no customer toilets. I went to Morrisons the other day

for that reason.

Castle Market is pretty bad; Tinsley is definitely the worse place though, I used to ride my back past Magna on the way to work most days and the amount of rubbish round there just lets you know all you need to know about the residents.

would a regular down and out know what to do with fresh fruit, veg and meat?

Yes, they sell it to you in the market.

Anywhere in Southey Green or Page hall. The cross is pretty depressing too- all those kids standing around in white track suits with no hope of ever finding a job or out who their father is.....

Whether it's Pitsmoor,Spital Hill, Darnall,Firvale, Pagehall or wherever and irrespective of who lives there. The one thing that gets my goat when I pass by in the car is that do these people know how to clean their windows or put up nets. Their windows are always grimy and I'm sure it would help their area if it were done. Apart from the rubbish on streets and dog **** on the pavements of course!

Surely it has to be Fargate...

The whole of the town center is very bleak and depressing. i think there are two shops on the moor, fargate is phone shops and greggs and then down towards the markets just gets worse. manchester used to be very similar untill the IRA blew half of it up and it got redeveloped. in fact most town centers in major cities in the north of england are better than ours.

Interesting quote from warp films who make This is England. Its very easy to make Sheffield look like the 1980s, all you need to do is take a few sattilite dishes down and move the wheelie bins.

says it all realy

Surely it has to be Fargate...

Fargate's not too bad since they got rid of the market researchers and Gouranga Monks.

Most depressing place? Eccleshall Road (I put the H in to wind up the s11 snobs), cos it's full of posh shops and students, and I can't afford to shop at Waitrose..

Netherthorpe's pretty dire, full of inverted snobs with chips on their shoulders.

:)

Northern general Hospital. absolute awful place and what a worse area to plonk it!!