The Most Depressing Place In Sheffield

Club mill road at neepsend,the last time i went down there it looked like a communal fly tip area,with the rubbish that bad it was spilling in to the river.

Did you just tut at it or report it? Fly tipping is a disease that blights a lot Sheffield and needs to be eradicated.

Did you just tut at it or report it? Fly tipping is a disease that blights a lot Sheffield and needs to be eradicated.

Little wonder really, when they make it almost impossible for you to dispose of rubbish correctly.

(but that'll be another thread soon no doubt)

Ive tried reporting it to the council before but they told me i would have to sit and watch,and take a registration number before they could do anything.I understand some councils are now using cameras to catch them with some success.We had some body do it in our car park at work it drives you mad.

The Castle Market area has to be a contender for this title due to the sheer grottiness of the area.

However, the Lidl on the lower Manor has to take the prize for me.

Careful you will get a user called cuttsie on your back,by having a go at the castle market, i did.

Another one for Primark down; specifically the Castle Market / Waingate Area + in particular those bus stops... errrrrrrrrgh. It even smells bad as well :/

Hillsborough itself at the moment is depressing, dog mess, charity shops etc etc

Little wonder really, when they make it almost impossible for you to dispose of rubbish correctly.

(but that'll be another thread soon no doubt)

Agreed, i booked with them so i could take my trailer,when i got there he said the chipboard skip was full and sent me away,thanks, i ended up taking it to a recycling site near huddersfield. :mad:

Yep another vote for castle market area,depressing :(

It has to be the street life of Sheffield all together, I much prefer it down here in the sewer. lol

im shocked at how many votes Tinsley has, I lived there for some time, around 4 years and I never disliked it to the degree of others on this thread.

I could see the motorway but the noise was not noticeable and in fact I benefited from my close proximity to the motorway and the short travel times I had. I also paid peanuts for the house and gained massively as the property prices around there soared! It was an ideal first home but for a family I would recommend large housing, Tinsley houses are typically at the smaller ends of the scale.

So for me, far from depressing.

For me my vote is not Tinsley, but Southey Green and surrounding areas including Parsons Cross and Shire Green, there seems to be no community spirit in that part of town for me at least. The area has been ruined by crime which seems to be the only message to take away despite its location on top of the hills and property not being too old. I could be wrong but its identified in my mind as a area with intensive and severe crime issues. I cant imagine living there and would personally choose Tinsley anytime.

So do I. However I have started using Castle Market for my veg in an effort to move away from supermarkets and use local business. It's always an experience wandering round. I found a barber on the stairs who burns the hair off my ears with meths soaked on big cotton buds. I wondered what the hell he was doing at first.

I walk down the canal to get into town and it is so lovely there, then what a shock it must be to the uninitiated walking up Exchange Street where there are people on stalls selling stuff that I wouldn't want to blemish the local tip with.

Then there are the assorted people sat puffing away on the benches by Shoezone who look like they wash their hair in chip fat. I often see what I assume to be several generations of the same family, from wee bairns in buggys up to great grandparents who must be pushing fifty, who all have the same kind of 'look' that I am struggling to describe without causing offence to obese, unkempt and hirsute individuals.

:hihi: Sounding snooty as ever.