The Most Depressing Place In Sheffield

I recently had to post something urgently, and since I was driving through Hillsborough as I often do, I thought I'd stop off and find out where the Post Office was. I'm not sure if it's the only one there, but after asking I ended up using the Post Office upstairs in the Co-Op. This has got to be the most depressing shop I've entered in Sheffield. Firstly it's hidden away behind Blockbuster like some chained-up mental health patient in Victorian London. Then when you get upstairs you're met with a large expanse of space and a food and clothes shop which looks like something which has been preserved for historical value since an apocalypse.

My previous 'most depressing place' was Banners in the 80s. I don't know why, it just filled me with depressing dread every time I entered it.

Can you think of any others?

Without a doubt, Tinsley.

I agree that the Hillsborough post office is depressing. I don't know why they don't rent out some of the space on short term lets to craft units or small stalls, at least it would bring in some income and provide a space for small businesses.

I am not sure if it is the most depressing place in Sheffield though.

I recently had to post something urgently, and since I was driving through Hillsborough as I often do, I thought I'd stop off and find out where the Post Office was. I'm not sure if it's the only one there, but after asking I ended up using the Post Office upstairs in the Co-Op. This has got to be the most depressing shop I've entered in Sheffield. Firstly it's hidden away behind Blockbuster like some chained-up mental health patient in Victorian London. Then when you get upstairs you're met with a large expanse of space and a food and clothes shop which looks like something which has been preserved for historical value since an apocalypse.

My previous 'most depressing place' was Banners in the 80s. I don't know why, it just filled me with depressing dread every time I entered it.

Can you think of any others?

You would have been better going through the front door on Middlewood Rd via the clothes shop, rather than in via the back entrance, it is a bit better that way.

Without a doubt, Tinsley.

Go on then, why?

Can't make my mind up about the worse places but the depressing, gloomy, urine infested subway and multi-storey NCP carpark underneath the Odeon/ Academy in the town centre. A 'glorious' and 'inviting' building that visitors to our city endure if you don't know how to avoid this coming from the train station. :gag:

It's just before you leave Sheffield when you see the sign that says "Welcome to Rotherham".

The whole area running from Primark in town all the way down past Castle Market towards The Wicker arches, talk about cesspit.

The gloomy urine soaked underpasses with resident beggar that link eccy road to town.