Halal Meat in Restaurants

Subway is all halal, I take it their meatballs (traditionally pork) and salamis and peperonis (pork based meats) are actually fake pork flavoured meat.

I'll not eat where the halal sign is shown, and before anybody asks I won't be stamping animals to death or engaging in any other unnecesarry cruelty either.

It doesn't really make much difference unless your musslim so you want your meat to be halal

Subway is all halal, I take it their meatballs (traditionally pork) and salamis and peperonis (pork based meats) are actually fake pork flavoured meat.

I'll not eat where the halal sign is shown, and before anybody asks I won't be stamping animals to death or engaging in any other unnecesarry cruelty either.

Just because meat is halal it doesn't mean an animal has suffered unnessersary cruilty it just basically a prayer said. I'm not saying unnessersary cruilty doesn't happen but it can happen just as likely with normal meat too

A lot of places stun the animals first now anyway so I've been told

Edited by laura16

Oh I LOVE the way they show the poor people the eating meat with a spell cast on it at Ascot - they'd be shocked at the cruelty - if they knew it was meat for foreigners (cue Little Britain WI projectile vomiting)

Not bothered about the cruelty and laughter inherent in the horse racing inustry because that's old fashioned British cruelty and thus better than Johnny Foreigner's cruelty

Ring the ones you want to go to and ask them.

Since meat is not marked to identify it as non-halal, it is unlikely that many restaurant can give a guarantee to anybody wishing to avoid halal meat.

Just because meat is halal it doesn't mean an animal has suffered unnessersary cruilty it just basically a prayer said. I'm not saying unnessersary cruilty doesn't happen but it can happen just as likely with normal meat too

You clearly don't know what halal is then. I suggest you google it, the process is hideous and symptomatic of a vile a cruel people.

Not bothered about the cruelty and laughter inherent in the horse racing inustry because that's old fashioned British cruelty and thus better than Johnny Foreigner's cruelty

I see your point, what you're actually saying is that let's allow the introduction of new cruelty while we turn our attention to the old ones. Well done.

You clearly don't know what halal is then. I suggest you google it, the process is hideous and symptomatic of a vile a cruel people.

I do but most animals are now stunned anyway I have spoken to people who sell halal and a lot of them only want to buy it when the animal hasn't been abused

It is indeed

Along with many intensive farming practices that give us our meat - but at least the cruelty wasn't done by someone with a funny sounding name