Current state of Wire Mill Dam?

Anyone fished there recently? Thinking of going at some point this week with a friend.

Went in the autumn and it seemed ok, well kept though the fishing wasn't easy....

No its off of Whiteley Wood Road and called Wire Mill Dam apparently, never been before myself though. Just looking for somewhere close to city center to use up some spare baits left over from the weekend.

No one been this year then on here yet then?

wire mill and tin mill are two totally different waters at opposite ends of the city.

i used to fish wire mill when i was younger when it was free fishing, used to catch the bus up to stumberlowe park rd and walk through the fields. used to catch plenty of small tench and crucians up to the lilly pads. havent been up in a while, since it was turned private and they started charging £3.50 a day. did they restock it when they turned it private? we also sometimes walked further up to forge dam and had some lovely bream and roach and sometimes the odd suprise trout.

Went today. As we arrived someone had just caught a small tench and said he had a couple of crucians and some roach/perch too.

I only managed to get 1 tiny roach was getting a fair few bites off of them though but hard to hit. My mate got nothing but had a few nocks on the feeder rod 2nd cast but it went dead after that. Only went for 2 hours but the man catching the tench and crucian has made me fancy another session in a couple of weeks.

The fishing has improved with this recent nice weather we've had. Managed a 3lb common, 2lb bream and a fair few decent skimmers. A man there was pulling plenty of perch out too and managed a couple of crucian aswell.

Ledger with pellet cone. Got the Carp on corn and Bream on maggot. Skimmers took maggot and corn too.

commoncarp.jpg

commoncarp2.jpg

bream.jpg

skimmer.jpg

You know it's a good day when you can have your tops off in March :hihi:

Had a bash at it today, got 25 out in total, 4 nice crucians, 18 roach some nearing a pound and 3 perch on at about half a pound, if anyone's thinking of goin id suggest hair rigged lunchenmeat on a bed of ground bait, corn an maggots just at the edge of the Lilly bed,