Hillsborough Sports Arena Car Boots

If Sunday morning becomes unavailable which other would you choose?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. If Sunday morning becomes unavailable which other would you choose?

As most of you will know this summer there will be 7 large car boots up to 200 spaces at the Arena rather than the 14 dates we are allowed.

The reason for this is due to a change in rugby league playing season. They used to play September-March and they now play March –September.

As the point of our charity is to support the development of junior sports we have to find a way to accommodate this change.

Ultimately I feel we will have to change our car boot day and I would like to ask all on this forum what day/time they would prefer.

Edited by Arena
information was duplicated

I've always said I'd love a Sunday afternoon carboot! It'll be a bigger turnout than a week day too. My vote is Sunday 2pm!!

I regularly buy and sell here and was surprised to see so few dates for this year. Glad you informed us of your reasons behind this. It's really popular now and I feel that if the later time enables more dates then it's a thumbs up from me :). :love:

I think the Wednesday one would do well. The problem with Sunday afternoon's is that a lot of folk will have already been out booting on the Sunday morning and had enough or spent up!

The only competiton on a Wednesday would be Oldcoates or Donny antiques market.

I think the Wednesday one would do well. The problem with Sunday afternoon's is that a lot of folk will have already been out booting on the Sunday morning and had enough or spent up!

The trouble with having car boots during the day in the week is that most people are at work!! I love going to car boots, but never understood why they have to start so early. A later start on a Sunday or a Saturday would be brilliant.

The trouble with having car boots during the day in the week is that most people are at work!! I love going to car boots, but never understood why they have to start so early. A later start on a Sunday or a Saturday would be brilliant.

Agree totally with Bianco.

As a point of comparison, look how popular Twin Oakes is on a Saturday afternoon. It's massively popular!

Not forgetting about the general populus who work of course!!!!

Sunday for me as well.

Think Saturday lunchtime/afternoon may be a viable option as well IMO

I'm just posting this so we can keep it near th top of the page.

Admin team-any chance we could keep it as a sticky underneath the car boot mega thread?

Thanks to all that have voted so far

Admin team-any chance we could keep it as a sticky underneath the car boot mega thread?

No, as we explained when you asked at the Helpdesk this thread would not qualify for a sticky.

Please do not keep bumping the thread to keep it at the top of the page.