Gary Numan - Machine Music Tour @ O2 Academy Sheffield - Fri 25th May 2012

I have my ticket. Can't wait. Again. So is it 8pm he is on or 8.30? When I rang up, they did not know.

That does sound about right. I was told we were going to be kicked out at 10pm, so, a 2 hour gig sounds about right. I saw him last September, and I think he was on for about 2 hours.

That does sound about right. I was told we were going to be kicked out at 10pm, so, a 2 hour gig sounds about right. I saw him last September, and I think he was on for about 2 hours.

He was, I was there as well.....

I saw him at Shepherd's Bush Empire last Sept.

Really enjoyed tonight. Electric as always. However, I was disappointed he did not play 'Haunted'....but that is about the only thing that annoyed me....oh, and losing my place near the front (ish) after my mate went to the bar and couldn't get back, so I had to go and join her right at the back.

I went to the gig last night at the O2. Although I liked the selection of songs played (I own every album he has produced), I was however a bit disappointed by the overall mix of the sound. I felt the vocals were a bit too low in the main mix and at times the keyboards could not be heard over the drums and the guitars. A better balance needed to be found.

The other thing that I have to point out is the now almost ubiquitous sea of arms holding mobile phones. There were occasions when the three people in front of me spent more time recording and reviewing their work than watching the gig - crazy - can't stand this, the venues should have bouncers to rip the phones from the users hands. One guy was filming the crowd behind him, not even the stage!! When I took him to task by pulling down his arm he stopped - fortunately for him.

Numan however is a consummate performer, always enjoy seeing him and like his new harder edge. Saw him at the Corporation a while ago and thought that a better gig in terms of overall sound and performance. Can't wait to see him again.

Did not catch the name of the support band, but they were petty good too.

Oh and picked up one of the limited DVD sets too.

Gawd...don't tell me about the mobile phone people. I was standing directly behind someone (and could not move) who had her arm in the air filming the show for almost its' entirety. I could barely see who I had paid to see. This mobile phone generation is a joke.

Gawd...don't tell me about the mobile phone people. I was standing directly behind someone (and could not move) who had her arm in the air filming the show for almost its' entirety. I could barely see who I had paid to see. This mobile phone generation is a joke.

Just been on Youtube to look at their handy work. There are some clips from the back of the venue and all you can see is a sea of mobile phones. Venues should do something about it.

Thanks dosxuk, however I did a bit of Googling and found their site. I will buy their album as I really liked one of their songs a lot.