Smith's Field or Smithies Field near Petre Street

Eleanor, Just as a postscript, if you have any problem on the Sheffield History, it is "Woodhill House, Grimesthorpe/Pitsmoor" that you need to find on "Sheffield Places --their history". I am not sure whether you will have to register, but if you do it is worth it --it complements this SF site in many ways.

That should be a big help to Eleanor, PW1867. That 1867 has a familiar look about it, somewhow!

Hi there, I lived at Pitsmoor on Sorby Street, I remember Sutherland Road Baths. going in a little shop that sold penny loaves, I can smell them now, they made them on the premises, Yes I remember Mr Scott at the Baths,

Hi I also lived on Jamaica St, Earldom Drive, Burngreave Bank, Ellesmere Rd before taking a pub The Shakespeare,The Meadow St Hotel and now The Punchbowl in Crookes.

I remember Scotty he taught me to swim in 1964 all my family have lived in Pitsmoor at some time.

I am going down to the Royal Oak tomorrow to have a drink and see if there are any old faces about

Ah such pleasant memories, any one remember Billy Wainwright?

Hi I also lived on Jamaica St, Earldom Drive, Burngreave Bank, Ellesmere Rd before taking a pub The Shakespeare,The Meadow St Hotel and now The Punchbowl in Crookes.

I remember Scotty he taught me to swim in 1964 all my family have lived in Pitsmoor at some time.

I am going down to the Royal Oak tomorrow to have a drink and see if there are any old faces about

hi kevin or is it tracy.:thumbsup:

Hi its Kevin, Who is is this?:huh:

a kids xmas party in the crown some years ago,the initial is S.you know us all .get ya thinking cap on.:thumbsup:

a kids xmas party in the crown some years ago,the initial is S.you know us all .get ya thinking cap on.:thumbsup:

Is that when I got bashed memory not too good:help:

Is that when I got bashed memory not too good:help:

5 sisters no brothers lol