You're Going To Be Mad!!

In 1962 I met my OH I was courting another wench at the time but as soon as I saw her it was no contest she was a stunner and I was smitten.We started going out I took her to all the best pubs and restaurants doing my best to impress her which I did,we got on like a house on fire I was like a pig in muck!.One fly in the ointment was when I called in the car at her house to pick her up,she had no father he had died a few years before,so it was her mother or older sister who answered.They both looked at me like I was something they had trod in!,I couldn,t understand their treatment of me I was always polite,always in my best bib and tucker I asked my OH what was wrong she said to take no notice so I thought sod em.After a period of time we decided to marry we had to use the registery office Surrey St as we were not rolling in cash,all my pals turned up and we piled in as we waited our turn my OH turned to me and said"I,ve something to tell you and your going to be mad!"I says"No chance not today what is it?" she says"I,m only 16!"I says"Your joking why didn,t you tell me?"I counted backwards and thought Christ I could have been locked up,that was why her mother and sister had given me a bad time,she had stopped them telling me in case I bolted.We have been married 47yrs up to just and rising!!.:huh::love::hihi::hihi:

Edited by old tup

That's a lovely story tup, how old were you? :) 18? :)

Love that story, glad you shared it.

Reminds me of wot happened to me in the Paramount Cafe. Before my mum went to work in there, I am glad to say. The Paramount Cafe was long & narrow,with the long counter running down the side. At the end was a little corner that had a jukebox and one chair. I usually sat there with this girl I used to play with, :hihi: One day while waiting for her, her sis came in, we got on ok till my girl came in, saw her sat on my knee doing the vacuume snog. She hit the roof, the air went blue, they started fighting & we all got kicked out. I just stood watching them, I thought it was fun. :banana: :banana:

My mother worked there at the time the Hells Angles went in there for a cuppa, thats when I started to go back in. It was a good Cafe shame it has gone. :hihi: :hihi:

That is a really nice story, thanks for sharing it. I was looking at new post's and saw your name so knew it had to be worth looking at. Thanks keep them coming....:)

That's a lovely story tup, how old were you? :) 18? :)

Nearly 21 she was 16 just but she looked as old as me so it never entered my head to ask her age.Its easy to see how some blokes get into bother over this issue but in my case it all ended happily[for most of the time]!.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Nearly 21 she was 16 just but she looked as old as me so it never entered my head to ask her age.Its easy to see how some blokes get into bother over this issue but in my case it all ended happily[for most of the time]!.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I got married a week after my 18th birthday and hubby was just 19, we went through some rough patches when the kids were young, but we survived. We've been married 50 years now and all is good. :)

Met my OH at school when we were 8 so we always knew each others age, didn't need to ask, we've been married 42 years this June.