Has anyone ever done a driving holiday?

Another good thing is to join the caravan club they get some real discount on things and they can help with planning things,its OK winging it when you are on your own but with kids in tow it needs a bit more planning,we took the kids to Spain and they were bored before we even got on the MI, we did have to stop a lot to let them run around and blow a bit of steam off , they were fascinated by the French toilets.

they were fascinated by the French toilets.

They're no different to ours. I hope you didn't make a mess of a sink or something.

;)

we did have to stop a lot to let them run around and blow a bit of steam off , they were fascinated by the French toilets.

you will find some really good laybys on the Belgian motorways with some great play areas but you will be expected to pay most of the time for using the toliets at service stations throughout France, Belgium and Germany so plan your stops carefully.

this is also a benefit of having a motorhome as you always have a toilet with you .......as long as we don't need to pass more than 15 litres we are fine until we reach our destination

They're no different to ours. I hope you didn't make a mess of a sink or something.

;)

No they are just holes in the floor in the motorway stops, my grand-kids thought they were showers,she came running out and said can I have some soap and a towel there is a shower in the toilet and I can have a shower:o

No they are just holes in the floor in the motorway stops, my grand-kids thought they were showers,she came running out and said can I have some soap and a towel there is a shower in the toilet and I can have a shower:o

Yes, the tasteful part is the outline of two feet on the floor indicating where to stand. :gag:

you will find some really good laybys on the Belgian motorways with some great play areas but you will be expected to pay most of the time for using the toliets at service stations throughout France, Belgium and Germany so plan your stops carefully.

this is also a benefit of having a motorhome as you always have a toilet with you .......as long as we don't need to pass more than 15 litres we are fine until we reach our destination

Not nice for number 2s though:gag:

No they are just holes in the floor in the motorway stops

I've driven in France 3 years in a row. Going again in September. Never seen them. I might pop in and have a go. :)

Not nice for number 2s though:gag:

it's ok as there is a flap in the bowl which you seal after use so there is no smell. It's also in a bathroom with a door on so that keeps any rogue aromas in check :hihi:

I've driven in France 3 years in a row. Going again in September. Never seen them. I might pop in and have a go. :)

I can recommend the one in the main drag in Cahors (Lot Valley). A number two from a standing position is, shall we say, a bit of an adventure.

We have one in the caravan I'm 6foot5 and I cant even sit down and shut the door in it, I have to lift the roof light up to have a shower in it,its OK in an emergency though.

As a child I was taken to France most years in a car, but it wasn't a driving holiday, it was a camping holiday. As a child the bit in the car is pretty boring, you're not interested in scenery really, particularly not when the scenery is the side of the autoroute.

The camping (caravanning) bit is great as a kid though, particularly when you get old enough to have your own tent.

If you feel the need to see different places then you can stay for 3 or 4 nights on a campsite then move on. I'd suggest planning and booking ahead though, rather than just going, then working out what in the area is worth going to see.

I wouldn't want to drive as far as Italy, the south of France was plenty far enough for me (I've driven there myself as well as going as a child).

I can recommend the one in the main drag in Cahors (Lot Valley). A number two from a standing position is, shall we say, a bit of an adventure.

Your supposed to squat down not very nice if you have a bad back,have you seen them little round things that you can go in like little post boxes in the middle of the road I think the call them pissoirs or something like that.:o