Invisible Army fiction writing group @ Bank Street Arts..

22nd is fine for me!

Ecclesall road is pretty central with lots of nice bars/pubs but town centre would be good too. I've lived here nearly a decade I just don't head out into the suburbs very much!

15th will be no good for me i'm, afraid. My baby girl will be born on that morning.

Congratulations in advance!

Morning people,

I have booked the room at Bank Street Arts for Thursday 22nd March at 7pm!! We should have the place to ourselves and I have a key .... Sarah D mentioned meeting up somewhere on eccy road to get to know each other before we begin so I was thinking we could do this on one of the Thursdays (this is turning into the thursday club) before the big opening day....

I am totally easy with where we go, Sharrow Vale Road looks nice and I have to admit the Porter House?? looks good from the outside but does the inside replicate this?? my first suggestion is the Porter House on Sharrow Vale Road then....8pm Thursday 8th March - due to Dave's child being born on the 15th...

Anyone?

I think it's called the Porter Cottage.

And next thursday sounds good!

Porter cottage is a decent pub. It's not usually too busy in the week either. But I didn't mean to commandeer the location! As long as it's ok for everyone Thurs 8th in Porter Cottage is good for me.

Also congrats to Dave.

Thursday 8th March, Porter Cottage it is then! its 10-15 mins walk for me, up a big hill like, but i don't mind!! we all need to bring something to recognise each other....everyone should bring their favourite book and make sure its visible?? perfect ice breaker...

Eeeek!

Is everyone on facebook? Maybe we could just see what we all look like?

Ah I am not on facebook. It is going to be weird walking into a pub and not knowing who is there to meet us...ummmm can't think of a way round this, Im up for it though. Just make sure we stand by the bar? I would point people towards a picture of me somewhere on the internet but there isn't one sadly.

we could always just meet at bank street arts centre next saturday morning maybe? so that would be March 10th? I am going there for 10.30am ...

Who is coming then? if people feel weird about it we could just meet up on the 22nd?

I'm easy either way really. Pub sounds nice. Have many people confirmed?

Well so far we have me and you I think - nobody else seems to be responding!! I'm still up for it though..

Well I guess there's not much point to the pub then!! What about the critique class? Have many people confirmed?

Well I thought we had 7 people interested. It has all been arranged on here though, which is potentially a problem because I guess we should factor in a drop out ratio. What is really important is for us all to meet up though, exchange numbers, email addresses so we can hit the ground running in the first meet up!

It feels like its just me and Sarah D at the minute. If anyone wants to drop me a line, text, to confirm their interest in the critique group then I can properly assess numbers. Would be good to send email addresses as well so I can send some group emails etc...

Unless some more people post messages here saying they are coming to the Porter cottage tomorrow we should probably sack it, try and arrange another meet up nearer the time of the 22nd..

James