Advice needed from a builder?

Hi,

Im after a very general and ballpark figure for a cost on blocking up 1 doorway in my house and knocking a doorway into another wall.

Obviously I cant get specific quotes on here but as a ballpark figure how much should I expect to pay for this?

Also, there could be quite a big plastering venture needed; to skim the walls of 5 rooms + stairs.

Any help would be good, I dont want to get ripped off! :help:

Not a builder, it seems they don't like to give ballpark figures on here.

Difficulty of moving a door is very much dependent on whether it's stud wall, brick/block or a supporting wall.

Plastering, I have had done, cost for stairs ( board & finish) was over £300. Looking at over £1000-1500 for the lot at a rough guess.

nice one :)

Edited by bluevan

i would estimate for labour + materials about £600 for the building work and roughly £1200-£1400 for the plastering work if its a straight forward skimming job.cheers darren.

You need to see the job and what's involved,ball park figures and guessing are no-good.

Base the plastering on approx £50 a wall plus materials and like others have said it depends on the construction of the walls to be blocked up and demolished.

i would estimate for labour + materials about £600 for the building work and roughly £1200-£1400 for the plastering work if its a straight forward skimming job.cheers darren.

£1200-£1400 for the plastering? We had 3 full rooms done for that?

hello i can recomend a cracking builder/ plasterer really good guy he can do all of what you need and not rip you off i work with him all the time and he's done work for me and been more than happy with the work and the price. he 'll talk through all the work that needs doing with you and tell you what needs doing . ring bob 07920193451 and say jim from j.baddiley electrical said to ring and he'll look after you. hope you get things sorted cheers jim