Wanted cheap man/woman with van

i have some old carpet in my garden n a futon frame and mattress as well as old vhs dvds and other junk in my shed i want someone to come and remove it for me for a decent price if anyone can recomend or does this?

im in gleadless

thank you

just wanted to add the carpet and futon mattress have been out there for a while so likely to be wet and grimy :-( i really need them shifting though cos they look awful

You are now responsible, by law, to ensure that anyone that you pay to take your rubbish is a registered waste carrier and is going to dispose of your items legally.

If they fly-tip it and it is traced back to you, you get fined as well if you haven't seen any documents.

Waste carriers have to pay to dump at commercial sites and that cost gets passed on to you.

To keep the cost down, you may be better to just to pay someone to come with a van and you book the van into the recycling centre and go along with them yourself ... i.e. you are dumping your own domestic waste for which their is no charge.

Edited by cgksheff

You are now responsible, by law, to ensure that anyone that you pay to take your rubbish is a registered waste carrier and is going to dispose of your items legally.

If they fly-tip it and it is traced back to you, you get fined as well if you haven't seen any documents.

Waste carriers have to pay to dump at commercial sites and that cost gets passed on to you.

To keep the cost down, you may be better to just to pay someone to come with a van and you book the van into the recycling centre and go along with them yourself ... i.e. you are dumping your own domestic waste for which their is no charge.

If the OP knows someone with an estate car ,thats the best option ,as all the stuff he wants shut of can be disposed of FREE of charge at the tip without the need to be ripped off by someone who will charge them a fortune to get rid of a little rubbish ,and will most likely dump it at the council tip or fly tip it anyway.

Just because someone has a waste carriers licence ,dosnt automatically mean the rubbish wont still end up down a country lane ,but the person getting rid of the rubbish will just end up with a rip off bill just because the vanman has a piece of paper saying "Licence" on it.